Well its official, pretty soon we'll all have jobs!

eagle5

I just got my issue of ROTOR today, and came across a nice article; "Flight Schools: The Measure of Success" in which the President and CEO of the Flight School Association of North America (FSANA) stated that there's a "...shortage of pilots looming on the horizon"!,..."we need to get more people in the air"!

So its official, there IS a pilot shortage coming! I mean,...a President/CEO wouldn't lie, right?

Even the person who wrote the article said "...we are facing a shortage of pilots"!,...and he's a member of HAI!

So all you CFIIs who haven't flown since your checkrides 2 years ago, start rejoicing, for your wait is nearly over!

FINALLY!

• Like 1

There isn't a shortage of low time pilots and there probably never will be. Especially low time pilots with poor attitudes.

Right place - Right time - Right attitude.

There is however, a shortage of skilled 3,000+ hr pilots and there definately always will be. To go from low time to 3,000+ a few people have to take a chance on you. When those people come along, take the opportunity, give 100%, and fly safe.

Good luck out there and enjoy the ride!

• Like 2

It would appear helicopters are only a minor element of FSANA.

The comments attributed to Mr. Rockmaker probably were more in line with fixed wing operators. Plus, while Ms. Landis is a helicopter operator, she is apparently is the only one on the board and I don’t see Ocean Helicopters as a sector leader albeit from the surface, it appears to be a legit school… Not sure who Ms. Sparks is….. In short, nothing new. It’s more-or-less a drive to get more folks to hand over more cash to get certified and subsequently work……. somewhere……Doing something.....

Edited by Spike

Awh come on guys don't be so negative! These aren't faceless internet yo-hos making this claim. This is ROTOR magazine from the Helicopter Association International "for the industry, by the industry",...they wouldn't publish lies!

No!,....No,...THIS TIME its gonna happen!

• 1 year later...

My sister in law is a nurse. She recently applied to a large hospital. HR told her that over 800 nurses applied for 5 openings.

Maybe once all those Vietnam era nurses retire she'll be able to get a job. For now, she's still a low time RN working in a nursing home.

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 1

Funny I started this one about a year and a half ago, and now the shortage has changed to a less specific, "...over the next 20 years", according to the guy from Hillsboro in an article I just read in RP, who just sold his school.

Instead of censoring words like sh*t and f**k, they should start bleeping the words "pilot shortage",...much more offensive if you ask me.

Edited by eagle5