Sept 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Recruiter's judgement comes into play at that point. But I would politely ask to have the docs re-dated and signed. I don't want to get dinged for something like that.

LOR's are good for 6 mo. Welcome aboard! Stats look pretty good.

I found this on FAQ's.. is this only for AD? Two of my letters will be over 6 months by sept.

1. Q: What is the standard on Letters of Recommendation?

A: A minimum of two letters of recommendation is required and they must be less than 12 months old. You require one from your first level of UCMJ (Company Commander), one from your Field Grade UCMJ authority (Battalion Commander) and one from a senior warrant officer (SWO) in your chosen career specialty if the prerequisites state the need for one. The letter from the SWO is not required for all WOMOSs (see WOMOS prerequisites) but is STRONGLY recommended. Applicants submitting flight packets may substitute a letter from a MAJ or higher (Aviation Branch on flight status) for the SWO. The Cdr and Bn Cdr letters must be from your current chain of command unless you have been assigned less than 90 days. In this instance, you may obtain letters from your previous chain-of-command, but you must make note of this by attaching a note or memo to the letters. The letters should be specific and quantifiable. Do not use a form letter with generic and flowery sentences. General Officer letters of recommendation will not be reviewed by the selection board unless that Officer is in your direct chain of command or when the letter is used as the Senior Aviator letter of recommendation.

Another conditional release in the works. Let's see if I can get this through before mid-August. Last one took 5 months. "Fingers crossed"

One year per USAREC as quotes above.

Thanks Lindsey. I was answering based on recruiter info. Should have learned by now though, lol. :D

Because regardless what the regs say, it is up to your recruiter whether or not it gets submitted with your package. The recruiter, or their command, can choose to be more restrictive. The regs are the minimum requirement. I am not going to argue about the validity of it all. But, suffice it to say that your recruiter submits the final package unless you are doing the active duty board.

Because regardless what the regs say, it is up to your recruiter whether or not it gets submitted with your package. The recruiter, or their command, can choose to be more restrictive. The regs are the minimum requirement. I am not going to argue about the validity of it all. But, suffice it to say that your recruiter submits the final package unless you are doing the active duty board.

Even on Active Duty, the USAREC recruiting team that verifies your packet can choose not to send it forward to the selection board if they deem it not acceptable. It could be for poor spelling and grammar or other reasons that cause them to not push it. You have remember that if a selection board gets a packet that meets the reg requirements but is obviously not going to get selected then it not only makes the recruiting process look bad but wastes the boards time.

Can someone explain to me how vision that is 20/30 in one eye and 20/40 in the other, correctable to 20/20 (all according to my recent flight phys) is disqualifying? I'm now being told that there's nothing I can do about it but enlist, get Lasik/PRK, and then submit a packet.

• Like 1

I am no doctor. But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. That being said, your vision may be in but your refraction may be outside the norm. Example: I had 20/20 vision. My astigmatism put my refraction way outside the limits. Just my 2 cents. You may be able to do PRK/Lasik on your own dime, but you will be looking at a 6 mo hold-over due to the requirements of the waiver form.

• Like 1

I am no doctor. But, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. That being said, your vision may be in but your refraction may be outside the norm. Example: I had 20/20 vision. My astigmatism put my refraction way outside the limits. Just my 2 cents. You may be able to do PRK/Lasik on your own dime, but you will be looking at a 6 mo hold-over due to the requirements of the waiver form.

Spot on.

True. I'm at work and don't have access to any paperwork right now, but I remember seeing "astigmatism normal" on there. It was all done at a Navy facility though, so I'll check again when I get home and search the Army regs for the requirements.

Distant. If I remember correctly near was 20/20 in both eyes.

Edit: I checked the copies of paperwork I have from my eye exam, and near vision is 20/20 both eyes, distant vision 20/30 and 20/40 correctable to 20/20. The only thing I could find for astigmatism is a line saying "Astigmatism-Regular". I can't find anything that would indicate out of standards when checking against AR 40-501.

Distant. If I remember correctly near was 20/20 in both eyes.

Edit: I checked the copies of paperwork I have from my eye exam, and near vision is 20/20 both eyes, distant vision 20/30 and 20/40 correctable to 20/20. The only thing I could find for astigmatism is a line saying "Astigmatism-Regular". I can't find anything that would indicate out of standards when checking against AR 40-501.

What was your cycloplegic refraction?

Can someone explain to me how vision that is 20/30 in one eye and 20/40 in the other, correctable to 20/20 (all according to my recent flight phys) is disqualifying? I'm now being told that there's nothing I can do about it but enlist, get Lasik/PRK, and then submit a packet.

I have the Aeromedical waiver policy guide for Army Flight Surgeons If any of you would like a copy PM me

i dont know vision very well but i saw my med file said i have 20/15 natural uncorrected unsurguried.... is that good?

Yeah thats good. The way it was explained to me is that what an average person can read at 15 feet, you can read at 20 ft. You have above average vision.

Yeah thats good. The way it was explained to me is that what an average person can read at 15 feet, you can read at 20 ft. You have above average vision.

oh cool, thank you

What was your cycloplegic refraction?

It's a handwritten note, so bear with me here: Cycloplegic Refraction R-0.50-1.75x170 to 20/20 -0/10 goodlite. L plano-0.50x20 to 20/20-0/10 goodlite.

I'm also seeing two different refractions elsewhere in the file, but this is the only one that specifically states cyclo.