Websites, study guides, and training aides

I'd like to say thank you to all of the veteran posters out there. You guys have been a tremendous amount of help. Everytime Ive had a question or in need of guidance, you all have been there. For the newcomers, I highly recommend you read through all of these threads. You will definently benefit from it.

So the reason I wanted to start this thread is becuase so much of the information on what to study, what books to read, apps to use during flight schools, and other helpful training tools are pretty scattered over many different threads. I thought it would be a good idea to try to accumulate this information.

I wanted to share this website I stumbled across awhile back. I havnt signed up yet, but it looks like it would be a very helpful tool for those going through WOFT. It also has links to appts that you can put on your I-pad and other devices, such as 5/9 flash cards. There is a $20 sign up fee but that lasts for the year. If anyone on here has been through this website, could you please comment and let everyone know what you think and if it was a helpful tool or not.

www.gomotherrucker.com

Also, check out www.armyflightlogbook.com

Thanks

ps.... GO 58's!!!

Also, I would highly encourage anybody reporting to flight training to wait until they arrive/start flight school. Between the school house and the aviation tech/learning library, there is an abundances of free resources to take advantage of. At WOBC/BOLC, you will receive brief on all the resources available at the library.

• Like 1

For new flight students there is really only one website that you need. If you choose to pay for a service, fine, but it's rather unnecessary. The following website has all of your daily questions, all of your publications, regulations, and even the very PowerPoint presentations that your academic instructors will be using as you progress from primary through instrument and beyond. It's even broken down by TD (training day).

By the way, the website is the official website of URS, the company that will be training you.

http://ursrucker.com/index.php/student-area

Basically, this website includes EVERYTHING you will be doing and everything you will need until you get to your advanced aircraft.

• Like 2

For new flight students there is really only one website that you need. If you choose to pay for a service, fine, but it's rather unnecessary. The following website has all of your daily questions, all of your publications, regulations, and even the very PowerPoint presentations that your academic instructors will be using as you progress from primary through instrument and beyond. It's even broken down by TD (training day).

By the way, the website is the official website of URS, the company that will be training you.

Basically, this website includes EVERYTHING you will be doing and everything you will need until you get to your advanced aircraft.

O.O

Well then. I think I just found a way to pass the time until the September board. Thanks!

awesome link.... thanks

Lindsey you will have to do a big brain dump during wocs no need to put the cart in front of the horse.

Roger that, but some of it is still useful to me as a current helicopter CFI. It's a good blend of current and future knowledge. Monotony is a killer.

Roger that, but some of it is still useful to me as a current helicopter CFI. It's a good blend of current and future knowledge. Monotony is a killer.

You may have heard this already but sometimes the CFI's and folks with higher flight time have a hard time with the Ruckerisms. IP's at Rucker typically don't like push back and the ciruculum at rucker is at times cult like. It's really funny though because at the units we dump a lot of the stupid rules that Rucker makes you follow. Also, Rucker is the best at breaking regulations and then saying that they did it because of the constrictions on training. Good luck on your board!

• Like 1

You may have heard this already but sometimes the CFI's and folks with higher flight time have a hard time with the Ruckerisms. IP's at Rucker typically don't like push back and the ciruculum at rucker is at times cult like. It's really funny though because at the units we dump a lot of the stupid rules that Rucker makes you follow. Also, Rucker is the best at breaking regulations and then saying that they did it because of the constrictions on training. Good luck on your board!

Roger, Sir. I definitely plan to keep my mouth shut and my ears open. I'm looking forward to the Ruckerisms!

Outstanding site!