Apace Helicopter Expert Needed

Hi everyone I hope you are well,

I am looking for some advice regarding a project I am working on. My project is to look at several iconic machines for transport and then provide some details about what quirks or faults they may have.

I have picked the Apache Helicopter. So naturally I am looking for an Apache Helicopter expert and I thought this would be the place to find someone who can help me with my project.

The information I would like is;

A few common faults of the Apache.

How these faults can be fixed

The approximate cost of fixing these faults

The average cost of an Apache Helicopter

Any other interesting, lesser known quirks of the Apache

While I am sure there are things I can google in order to get some of these answers I would much prefer to be in contact with an expert.

There may be a few questions that arise while I put this data together. I would of course like to attribute full credit to yourself if I were to use the information for my project.

If you have an questions please not hesitate to ask,

Daniel

An unpenetrable force field and a Coke dispensing machine. Besides that the new Block III Guardian pretty much fixed any previous faults it had.

You probably won't get many detailed replies to your question. Any real "faults" could be construed as weaknesses and then you'll be rolling into Tactics Techniques and Procedures. That stuff falls under OPSEC.

I should say I'm not an Apache expert but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night. :)

Edited by Velocity173
  • Like 4

Since no one else is being helpful, I'll try:

It's an Apache.

Don't fly an Apache.

The approximate cost of going through a different Advanced Airframe course at Rucker.

Way too damn much.

Nothing interesting, no.

To all you Apache drivers out there - sorry, I had to! Now I'm gonna get an Apache at Rucker, I know it. I don't even dislike the airframe but it's definitely the one that's the most entertaining to poke fun at. :lol:

• Like 3

Hi everyone I hope you are well,

I am looking for some advice regarding a project I am working on. My project is to look at several iconic machines for transport and then provide some details about what quirks or faults they may have.

I have picked the Apache Helicopter. So naturally I am looking for an Apache Helicopter expert and I thought this would be the place to find someone who can help me with my project.

The information I would like is;

While I am sure there are things I can google in order to get some of these answers I would much prefer to be in contact with an expert.

There may be a few questions that arise while I put this data together. I would of course like to attribute full credit to yourself if I were to use the information for my project.

If you have an questions please not hesitate to ask,

Daniel

There are differences between an AH-64A, AH-64D, and AH-64E. Most of the error in the AH-64D/E rests between the ears of the pilots flying them, and that goes with most aircraft.

You could start by looking at why the Marine Corps chose to upgrade it's AH-1Ts and AH-1Ws instead of buying the AH-64A back in the day. Not saying it will bring much but cost was cited as a factor. Being more specific also helps.

Hi SemperGumby,

Allow me to be clearer, I had to pick a few different iconic machines. It is not so much that they were intended for transport but just iconic. Apologies as I had also picked a claissic car and the space shuttle so I wrongly used the term machine for transport.

I hope this clears things.

What class is this for? I hardly see any educational institution allowing citations from an Internet forum from anonymous users.

It's about time you learn how to research your own material Daniel it will pay divedens in your educational future.

Apologies Joe_P148 for you are correct that no educational institution would allow citations from an internet forum. Thankfully I am not a student nor is this as part of a school project.

This is a marketing piece for a very well known household name and it is an opportunity for someone who has a great deal of knowledge to share their experience with me and feel a part of the project. They will of course be credited in the final piece.

Forgive me Joe_P148 as I was under the impression that in order for me to carry out sufficient research that I should find places (here?) where I may find an expert in this paricular topic.

I hope this helps point me in the right direction in relation to sharing an experts knowledge as mentioned in my first post.

Daniel if your question was brought up 30 yrs ago then you could have some non classified responses from Apache guys. This thing has been in service for a long time and you can bet, just like with all military aircraft, any faults it might have, have been already corrected.

All aircraft start off life requiring upgrades. We want to carry more weight so we put more powerful engines in. It's not fast enough so we modify the rotor blades. Better radios, better instruments (glass), better survivability (ASE), etc, etc.

You reach a point in technology and physics were an airframe can't be pushed any further. That's no fault of the aircraft, it's just the limit of what we can do today.

Thanks everyone for your replies to my post.

If possible could we remain "on topic". I am not looking for someone to reveal classified information so please do not think I am after the deepest darkest secrets.

I am merely after any information that you may know regarding the apache and any problems it may have had. Even if they arr now corrected. This could have been something in the press/media, with this being a rototcraft forum I thought this might be a good place to find some help with my project.

Please do reply if you can add anything of value to my original post.

Thanks everyone for your replies to my post.

If possible could we remain "on topic". I am not looking for someone to reveal classified information so please do not think I am after the deepest darkest secrets.

I am merely after any information that you may know regarding the apache and any problems it may have had. Even if they arr now corrected. This could have been something in the press/media, with this being a rototcraft forum I thought this might be a good place to find some help with my project.

Please do reply if you can add anything of value to my original post.

As mentioned anything they could give you would be freely found anywhere online.Considering how this topic got strange early on I think its safe to say you may need to continue to look elsewhere. Too bad your trying to find a project on aircraft or transportation vehicles, there is plenty you could do with why government politics are messed up and what needs to be done to fix it.

Oh and them commenting how the post made them feel uneasy is pretty well "on topic".

Daniel, you seem to be pretty intelligent. There is a reason agencies have public relations officers. You never see techs talking about what they do for a reason. OPSEC!

Techs know too much. There is no way they could watch what they say very well, so they just don't say anything and won't. The reason the forum is giving you a ribbing lays within the nature of your questions. As well your location in regards to knowing when to keep quiet.

The only thing you will find on Internet research is material that has been revised properly by a public relations officer. Thus all public knowledge. To ask further from anyone inside the non public circle is like telling the front desk at the pentagon, " it's ok I just want to take a look around!"

Your not going to get anywhere.

Thanks for asking but time to move along.

Maybe ask about another iconic machine! The sky crane? Hmmm...anyone here would offer you some help there!