• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 aeroscout

aeroscout

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts
  • Interests:Water Skiing, skydiving, Speaking, Writing, Reading.
  • Company working for:Caruso

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:10

This thread got really weird really fast. Just ignore the trolls folks.

I had a similar reaction to the OP.

#22 DanielKendal

DanielKendal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:24

Thanks everyone for your replies to my post.

If possible could we remain "on topic". I am not looking for someone to reveal classified information so please do not think I am after the deepest darkest secrets.

I am merely after any information that you may know regarding the apache and any problems it may have had. Even if they arr now corrected. This could have been something in the press/media, with this being a rototcraft forum I thought this might be a good place to find some help with my project.

Please do reply if you can add anything of value to my original post.

#23 lawilm

lawilm

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:37

Thanks everyone for your replies to my post.

If possible could we remain "on topic". I am not looking for someone to reveal classified information so please do not think I am after the deepest darkest secrets.

I am merely after any information that you may know regarding the apache and any problems it may have had. Even if they arr now corrected. This could have been something in the press/media, with this being a rototcraft forum I thought this might be a good place to find some help with my project.

Please do reply if you can add anything of value to my original post.

As mentioned anything they could give you would be freely found anywhere online.Considering how this topic got strange early on I think its safe to say you may need to continue to look elsewhere. Too bad your trying to find a project on aircraft or transportation vehicles, there is plenty you could do with why government politics are messed up and what needs to  be done to fix it. 

Oh and them commenting how the post made them feel uneasy is pretty well "on topic".

#24 DanielKendal

DanielKendal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:41

Thank you for your post lawilm however I think a project on why government politics are messed up would be too big a project!

#25 WolftalonID

WolftalonID

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Flying, helicopters, back country, archery elk hunting, wood working!
  • Company working for:Mildly experienced stick wiggler/rookie expert

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:09

Daniel, you seem to be pretty intelligent. There is a reason agencies have public relations officers. You never see techs talking about what they do for a reason. OPSEC!

Techs know too much. There is no way they could watch what they say very well, so they just don't say anything and won't. The reason the forum is giving you a ribbing lays within the nature of your questions. As well your location in regards to knowing when to keep quiet.

The only thing you will find on Internet research is material that has been revised properly by a public relations officer. Thus all public knowledge. To ask further from anyone inside the non public circle is like telling the front desk at the pentagon, " it's ok I just want to take a look around!"

Your not going to get anywhere.

Thanks for asking but time to move along.

Maybe ask about another iconic machine! The sky crane? Hmmm...anyone here would offer you some help there!
Sometimes we think we know it all....only later to discover we only knew all we had learned. Never stop learning.

#26 SemperGumby

SemperGumby

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Skydiving

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:57

Daniel,

If you truly are looking for information on the AH-64, I would recommend getting in contact with either the Army Public Affairs office or Boeing themselves. They would have already sorted through what is or isn't allowed to be publicly discussed.

Good luck.

#27 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Company working for:Army National Guard

Posted 12 August 2013 - 18:24

f#$& me! i leave for like 4 days and come back to this? thank you for the entertainment everyone, this is hilarious.

question asker, google and the history channel. thats your best info.

lindsey, you suck! lol
  • Lindsey and Jester2138 like this
"If one engine fails, how far can the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!"

#28 Yamer

Yamer

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Company working for:Army National Guard

Posted 12 August 2013 - 18:27

oh wait! it just came to me... why dont you just enlist in the army? then you can ask your drill sgt's and everyone else about the apache,take notes on it, then YOU can be responsible for desiminating information that may or may not be classified... if the apache even exists... last i heard there was no such thing as an apache? can someone help confirm that?
"If one engine fails, how far can the other one take us?"
"All the way to the scene of the crash!"

#29 Rob1237051

Rob1237051

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 20:19

There must be...90% and below averages need to fly something after all. God...I need to make more flash cards or it'll be me.

Worst case scenario I watch Firebirds for a day straight to force myself to love it.
  • av8rnik and KING like this

#30 DaveC

DaveC

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 22:30

Biggest flaw: it takes too long to reconfigure the stinger missiles to be shoulder-launched.

See the light, push the button, get the banana.

#31 Justine

Justine

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Company working for:US ARMY

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:48

Pretty sure they are the best because that's the bird I'm slotted. And hell has no furry like an crazy female in the cockpit.
  • Katie likes this

#32 Joe_P148

Joe_P148

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Company working for:None

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:21

Damn this is a dead, ridiculous topic can a mod close this?

Daniel, If you haven't figured out by now you are not going to get any information out of the Apache folks in this forum.

Whether it's opsec or not, people just don't feel comfortable talking about flaws or weakpoints of the AH-64 gunship to someone they don't know.

I hope you can respect the fact that these folks spend their lives deploying to foreign countries fighting a foreign enemy and they do not want to give up sensitive information that could jeopardize their lives or the lives of other service members.

I encourage you to look for other more credible and substantial sources for your project, I'm sure your large marketing firm will understand.

#33 DanielKendal

DanielKendal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:14

With respect Joe_P148 this is not a ridiculous topic, if it is for you then no one asked you to join in. I am aware that I am new to the forum and a stranger but I was never asking for "top secret" classified information.

I thought it would be useful to ask people who knew a thing or two on this subject just for their opinion and maybe point in the right direction. Some people have kindly done that for which I am grateful.

#34 Velocity173

Velocity173

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:59

It can't fly supersonic and it can't do a transcontinental crossing unrefueled. There, two faults.

#35 av8rnik

av8rnik

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 17:49

With respect Joe_P148 this is not a ridiculous topic, if it is for you then no one asked you to join in. 

Here is a little free advice for you...Making statements like above is not the way to make professional connections and that is certainly no way to converse with an United State Military Officer.  Have some professional courtesy and at the very least exercise a little respect.

• Joe_P148 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apache

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Content Spy

MaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200BLR 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200FreeFlight_Home200