Nov 2013 Civilian WOFT Board

Alright everyone, with the September board almost behind us, I thought it appropriate to start this thread. My original plan was to be on this board, but as of right now, that probably won't happen.

Curious to see what the first board of FY14 brings.

• Like 3

Hello everyone!

Let me first say, I have been a long time lurker and I greatly appreciate all the helpful info everyone posts on here! Since I'm hoping to have my packet in by the November board, I figured I would look here for some help because my situation is unique.

Does anyone know if I can indeed schedule my flight physical without the assistance of my recruiter?

If I do need my recruiter to schedule it for me, is it true that if I am in need of a moral waiver, that he cannot schedule me until I get it approved?

The only reason I ask is because my recruiter (the third one so far in the process and the second station) has not exactly had a sense of urgency with getting my process completed. Not to mention, he doesn't seem to be very familiar with the entire process because I have answered questions for him. But when I mentioned going to a third recruiting station, he started to make some progress (finally scheduling my SIFT, etc.) and now I seem to be hitting yet another wall.

To try to make this as concise as possible, before I was aware of the WOFT program, I put in an application for Navy OCS and obtained a couple moral waivers for some mistakes I made during college (nothing major, no felonies). After hearing about the WOFT program, it seemed to be a better fit for me and the Navy thing didn't seem to work out anyway (might have been a blessing in disguise). My recruiter said my waivers should be able to transfer over from the Navy(?) but I cannot move forward in my application until that happens. He cannot schedule my flight physical or anything. Hence, my said questions. I'm getting short on time if I want to make the next civilian board so I have turned to posting here.

Thanks for any response and insight! Good luck to anyone applying!

• 23 SEP 13 - Deadline for the NOVEMBER board is EXTENDED to 28 OCT 13 for the following MOSs: 140A, 140E, 150A, 153A, 290E, 350F, 350G, 351L, 351M, 352N, 914A, and 921A. Bottom Line: We are critically short applicants applying for 140A, 140E, 150A, 153A, 290E, 350F, 350G, 351L, 351M, 352N, 914A, and 921A! If you have the prerequisite experience for these Warrant Officer MOS' and the desire to submit a packet, then your chances of being selected on the first board of FY 14 is extremely HIGH!

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/index.shtml

Just something to get those hopes up. Posted as own topic before seeing this thread. Good luck to those going up, I hope this trend holds for 2 more cycles til' I'm ready.

• Like 2

• 23 SEP 13 - Deadline for the NOVEMBER board is EXTENDED to 28 OCT 13 for the following MOSs: 140A, 140E, 150A, 153A, 290E, 350F, 350G, 351L, 351M, 352N, 914A, and 921A. Bottom Line: We are critically short applicants applying for 140A, 140E, 150A, 153A, 290E, 350F, 350G, 351L, 351M, 352N, 914A, and 921A! If you have the prerequisite experience for these Warrant Officer MOS' and the desire to submit a packet, then your chances of being selected on the first board of FY 14 is extremely HIGH!

Just something to get those hopes up. Posted as own topic before seeing this thread. Good luck to those going up, I hope this trend holds for 2 more cycles til' I'm ready.</p>

Hoping this holds true until Jan Board

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

Let me first say, I have been a long time lurker and I greatly appreciate all the helpful info everyone posts on here! Since I'm hoping to have my packet in by the November board, I figured I would look here for some help because my situation is unique.

Does anyone know if I can indeed schedule my flight physical without the assistance of my recruiter?

If I do need my recruiter to schedule it for me, is it true that if I am in need of a moral waiver, that he cannot schedule me until I get it approved?

The only reason I ask is because my recruiter (the third one so far in the process and the second station) has not exactly had a sense of urgency with getting my process completed. Not to mention, he doesn't seem to be very familiar with the entire process because I have answered questions for him. But when I mentioned going to a third recruiting station, he started to make some progress (finally scheduling my SIFT, etc.) and now I seem to be hitting yet another wall.

To try to make this as concise as possible, before I was aware of the WOFT program, I put in an application for Navy OCS and obtained a couple moral waivers for some mistakes I made during college (nothing major, no felonies). After hearing about the WOFT program, it seemed to be a better fit for me and the Navy thing didn't seem to work out anyway (might have been a blessing in disguise). My recruiter said my waivers should be able to transfer over from the Navy(?) but I cannot move forward in my application until that happens. He cannot schedule my flight physical or anything. Hence, my said questions. I'm getting short on time if I want to make the next civilian board so I have turned to posting here.

Thanks for any response and insight! Good luck to anyone applying!

I tried to schedule my own but wasn't able to. Everywhere I tried they said I needed to have the recruiter call. You can however complete the flight physical with any other branch, I did mine at a Naval base and it was approved pretty easily by Rucker. Good luck.

• Like 1

Long story short, third time's a charm. Here's to hoping I can get my first look this board.

ASVAB: 117 GT
SIFT: 66
APFT: 289
College: B.S., Cum Laude, Dean's List, 3.71 GPA
Flight Time: Helicopter PPL, 70 hours
LoRs: Retired O-4 Aviation Officer/former USAREC board member/FAA DPE/my PPL CFI, 160th SOAR Command CW-5, former supervisor during my work at the White House, former PL during my Iraq deployment.

Battalion Board: 75/75, good comments

Prior Service: Cav Scout SGT, 82nd Airborne, 14 months in Iraq. Airborne wings, CAB, ACM, 4 AAM's, etc.

Waivers: None
Other: Licensed skydiver and rated instructor, SCUBA certified, experienced outdoor sports guide, interned at the White House, history of volunteer work, travel experience in 20 countries.

Long story short, third time's a charm. Here's to hoping I can get my first look this board.

ASVAB: 117 GT

SIFT: 66

APFT: 289

College: B.S., Cum Laude, Dean's List, 3.71 GPA

Flight Time: Helicopter PPL, 70 hours

LoRs: Retired O-4 Aviation Officer/former USAREC board member/FAA DPE/my PPL CFI, 160th SOAR Command CW-5, former supervisor during my work at the White House, former PL during my Iraq deployment.

Battalion Board: 75/75, good comments

Prior Service: Cav Scout SGT, 82nd Airborne, 14 months in Iraq. Airborne wings, CAB, ACM, 4 AAM's, etc.

Waivers: None

Other: Licensed skydiver and rated instructor, SCUBA certified, experienced outdoor sports guide, interned at the White House, history of volunteer work, travel experience in 20 countries.

Dang, you've been busy! You have accomplished a lot in 26 years! Thanks for the response about the flight physical. I'm hoping to get this done asap. It's the only thing I'm waiting on before I can schedule my Battalion Board interview. Good luck! If you don't get it, I can't imagine what they are looking for.

Just something to get those hopes up. Posted as own topic before seeing this thread. Good luck to those going up, I hope this trend holds for 2 more cycles til' I'm ready.

That's very encouraging, thanks for the heads up!

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this, so I called my recruiter today

(who just got a call TODAY, Sept 27th, telling him that I wasn't selected for the Sept. 16th board)

and he said that from what he understands, which might not be accurate, is that the first board is the USAREC WOFT board at Fort Knox, KY and if it gets declined there then it will be kicked to Ft. Rucker for a re-evaluation by people who might have a better idea of what Army Aviation wants.

This is the first time I have heard information like this and I'm trying to confirm if this is accurate information.

Anyone?

Also he doesn't think I can update my APFT score once it is there at Rucker, anyone know how that process might go also? Trying to increase my chances here and I don't like being at a stand-still at all. If I can improve on some things I'm going to do it.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this, so I called my recruiter today

(who just got a call TODAY, Sept 27th, telling him that I wasn't selected for the Sept. 16th board)

and he said that from what he understands, which might not be accurate, is that the first board is the USAREC WOFT board at Fort Knox, KY and if it gets declined there then it will be kicked to Ft. Rucker for a re-evaluation by people who might have a better idea of what Army Aviation wants.

This is the first time I have heard information like this and I'm trying to confirm if this is accurate information.

Anyone?

Also he doesn't think I can update my APFT score once it is there at Rucker, anyone know how that process might go also? Trying to increase my chances here and I don't like being at a stand-still at all. If I can improve on some things I'm going to do it.

Hmm....Never heard of that, your recruiter may be misinformed. Since you were FQ-NS, your packet will automatically be on the next board. Where that second board is at, I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure it's not at Ft.Rucker.

As far as updating your packet, I know for sure you can make changes to it (i.e. submit higher PT score) after you have been a 2 time FQ-NS and you are sitting out your 6 months waiting to reapply. As far as between now and Nov, I'm not sure, but I would have to say you can as USAREC has just posted a message on their website saying that you have until OCT 30 to submit corrections.

• 2 weeks later...

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 91 / 133
SIFT: 70
APFT: 270
EDUCATION: University of Iowa - Major: Economics - Minor: Business Management
FLIGHT: None
BOARD: Oct 25th
LORS: CW5 USASOAC, CW5 160th SOAR(A), LTC (Ret.) Aviator, High School Principal, College Internship Boss, 2nd College Internship Boss

Other: Marathon Runner, Many leadership positions within current and past positions, as well as charity groups.

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 91 / 133

SIFT: 70

APFT: 270

EDUCATION: University of Iowa - Major: Economics - Minor: Business Management

BOARD: Oct 25th

LORS: CW5 USASOAC, CW5 160th SOAR(A), LTC (Ret.) Aviator, High School Principal, College Internship Boss, 2nd College Internship Boss

Other: Marathon Runner, Many leadership positions within current and past positions, as well as charity groups.

Outstanding dude. I wouldn't be breaking a sweat over the board if I were you.

Agreed, strong looking packet. I would consider only using your three or four strongest LORs. The three aviators are great but the high school principle letter seems out of place and if the board rushes through your packet you don't want that to be the first and maybe only letter they see. What was your college GPA?

If my physical would come back already my packet would be done.

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 95/126
SIFT: 62
APFT: 280
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree - University of South Carolina - Criminal Justice
BOARD: Hopefully NOV
LORS: BN Commander, Co Commander, AV - CW4, USASOC AV - CW5, Senior Warrant in the DOD by 16 years TIG - CW5

Other: AGR Staff Sergeant in Civil Affairs, Airborne, Pathfinder, Jumpmaster, Battle Staff, 5.5 years as an NCO.

If my physical would come back already my packet would be done.

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 95/126

SIFT: 62

APFT: 280

EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree - University of South Carolina - Criminal Justice

BOARD: Hopefully NOV

LORS: BN Commander, Co Commander, AV - CW4, USASOC AV - CW5, Senior Warrant in the DOD by 16 years TIG - CW5

Other: AGR Staff Sergeant in Civil Affairs, Airborne, Pathfinder, Jumpmaster, Battle Staff, 5.5 years as an NCO.

Killer!!!!

• Like 1