Jan 2014 WOFT Board

So according to USAREC website they are still "short" of applicants for 153A and your chances of being selected on the second board of FY14 is still extremely high. I'm hoping the January board goes smoothly for you guys, as it looks like Lindsey was right. If you you don't give it your all everyday, it'll be May before you know it. Here hoping the selection rate is still high in May!

I find it funny that they are short on applicants yet they pulled all of the ng flight school seats from us and are using them for active. Sounds like one hand isn't talking to the other hand... Here's to waiting for a shortfall seat

Speaking of interviews, mine is and has been (I was 100% sure) scheduled for next Weds. I go to my recruiters office today to take the picture and do the PT test. He then tells me I'm going to be interviewing in January... not boarding. Long story short, he's taking my package to batallion today, I'm interviewing next Weds. and will be on the January board. A little bit of scramble but last thing I have is the interview now.

Side note, according to my recruiter (who looked at every document he has access to regarding this) the March board is still ON for civilian applicants. The USAREC website, as most know, pertains to active duty. My recruiter also stated that civilians and active are boarded seperately.

Side note, according to my recruiter (who looked at every document he has access to regarding this) the March board is still ON for civilian applicants.

This is encouraging, I hope that it is indeed accurate! Trying like crazy to get looked at before I have to get an age waiver. I hit 33 at the end of March. Thanks for the glimmer of hope!

This is encouraging, I hope that it is indeed accurate! Trying like crazy to get looked at before I have to get an age waiver. I hit 33 at the end of March. Thanks for the glimmer of hope!

Agreed. Hopefully there will be more information on this available soon. For now all we can do is keep it in high gear.

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 82/117
SIFT: 57
APFT: TBD
EDUCATION: Bachelors of Science, Aerospace Maintenance Management, Middle Tennessee State University. 3.3 GPA
FLIGHT: Fixed PPL, 67.5 hours
BOARD: Hopefully May
LORS: Professor/s, Internship boss, Tennessee Dept. of Transportation chief pilot (former UH-60 pilot), possibly my flight instructor.

Other: A&P Mechanic. High School swim team. Very motivated.

Edited by pilothooks

oh. I realized I never provided my stats.

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 81/116 ( it was somewhere around this score. It's been awhile since I took it so I don't remember the exact score)

SIFT:53

APFT: 287

Education: BA History and Masters in American history

LORS: CW5 US Army Special Operations Aviation Command, retired Army Colonel (aviation), retired Army master sergeant, retired Marine LtCol/flight instructor, and one other from my former flight instructor.

Flight time: 7.2 fixed-wing, 14.3 rotor

If the selection rate is anything like it was in November I'd say you guys (hooks and karlinski) both have a good shot. Just get a good PT and SIFT score and I think you've got it hooks.

Sweet bro. Thats def good news. Need to get my stuff in line starting at the beginning of next month.

Does a high GT score help to offset a subpar SIFT?

Idk, I was wondering how the ASVAB and SIFT were factored, only thing I can say is that I've seen several posts stating that they're really not factored as much as one would think.

I'll throw my stats up, have the interview this Wednesday and waiting on my flight phys. paperwork, should be on for January:

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 95/128

SIFT:63

APFT: 260

Education: B.S. Geographic Information Science

LORS: ***my recruiter advised me to only submit FOUR. I made it a point to discuss this several times, he became more adamant. I have several other great LORs I can add, he didn't even want to look at them and said I don't need to bother... What do ya'll think??***

Present LORs: Army CW4 SOAR Aviator (ret.), Army CW4 Aviator (ret.),

Army Major Infantry(ret.)/Professor, AF Colonel Aviator (ret.)

Flight time: 370 hrs. TT, CFII/Commercial Pilot ASEL-AMEL with Instrument, presently training for CFI-A and MEI.

Pretty sure you've got this one in the bag Sky reaper. As for the LOR's, I only submitted 4. The board members really don't have much time to look through your packet so submitting fewer (but the best ones you have) is often not a bad idea. If they only have time to pick up one letter and skim it, you don't want to have the chance that they pick up the worst of your six. Better to just submit the top three or four.

That checks, it's consistent with what my recruiter is telling me. My only concern would be that I don't want the board to perceive a lack of effort bc I didn't max the LOR count. TY.