SERE/Dunker

SERE - I had loads of fun in SERE when I went through; we also received cold weather survival training (CWEST) since it was the middle of January in Brunswick, ME. Imagine primitive back country camping mixed with a really angry drill instructor...haha!

What cold weather survival training?

Check the above quote.

Ah. He must have went through either a different service's SERE or done it "back in the day." You'll go through SERE at Rucker. Winter and summer each have their own "suck."

Gotcha, I was just curious. Depending on if I get selected by the board, I'm estimating that I'll go through SERE around the end of fall.

Yea, winter SERE in Maine was no fun. (USN, and some USMC) did that back in 2008. They gave me the option of doing it again here at Rucker, no thanks.

I'll also be passing on their generous offer of letting me go through the course again...lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just a few questions, hopefully someone is still monitoring this thread.

Someone previously mentioned that the dunker was no longer a requirement. Is that true? or just standard rumor mill stuff.

Is there a better time of the year to go through SERE-C. I.e. if you're spending all your time outside, the summer seems like a better time to do it than the winter but then again you probably have no choice in terms of when you go.

How long is SERE-C? and do you ever have to retake SERE-C or the dunker or are those one-time requirements?

Just a few questions, hopefully someone is still monitoring this thread.

Someone previously mentioned that the dunker was no longer a requirement. Is that true? or just standard rumor mill stuff.

Is there a better time of the year to go through SERE-C. I.e. if you're spending all your time outside, the summer seems like a better time to do it than the winter but then again you probably have no choice in terms of when you go.

How long is SERE-C? and do you ever have to retake SERE-C or the dunker or are those one-time requirements?

Dunker is still a requirement and you need a refresher every 4 years. SERE is a one time thing and during the summer is NOT the time you want to go. You wont have a choice about when you go.