USAF Members Conditional Release

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I went through AFPC per the USAREC website.

My apologies, I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here. When you went through vMPF for your conditional release, did you upload both a DD 368 and the LOI from USAREC? If so, was your 368 already signed by your commander or did that happen once it made its way through vMPF?

My apologies, I know I'm resurrecting an old thread here. When you went through vMPF for your conditional release, did you upload both a DD 368 and the LOI from USAREC? If so, was your 368 already signed by your commander or did that happen once it made its way through vMPF?

I had mine kicked back because I didn't attach documentation. All they requested was the dd368, with recruiter and commander signatures. After getting that and uploading now my package is up at the functional for manning approval

I had mine kicked back because I didn't attach documentation. All they requested was the dd368, with recruiter and commander signatures. After getting that and uploading now my package is up at the functional for manning approval

I appreciate the info. I figured I'd ask since AFPC isn't always clear about what they want. Thanks!

Sorry to bump this again, but it looks like it took the OP around 2 and a half months to get the conditional release processed by AFPC. Anyone else have experience with how long they took? I'm going to submit my conditional release app on vMPF this week and am wondering if I have any chance to get it back before the 15 May Board packet deadline.

You should have time... Attach your dd form signed by your recruiter and commander. I stayed ontop of my commander and even with mine getting kicked back, it was completely done in 21 days.

And mine had to goto the functional manager because I'm a tacp and I still had 5 years left on my contract

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who signed your 368s? Blue2greenWOFT, I saw that your recruiter said the first 0-6 in your chain. My local Army recruiter said the first 0-5 in my chain. Lmannino, AndrewD, and chairforce14, who signed yours?

It goes to your squadron commander, or commander on g-series orders. Most the time this will be an 0-5 but could even be an 0-4 occasionally.

After that it goes to the designated authority at your base mpf office. Normally designated down to a captain or major. Then from their it goes to afpc. Dependent on your contract remaining time it might have to goto your career manager prior to getting the release approved

It goes to your squadron commander, or commander on g-series orders. Most the time this will be an 0-5 but could even be an 0-4 occasionally.

After that it goes to the designated authority at your base mpf office. Normally designated down to a captain or major. Then from their it goes to afpc. Dependent on your contract remaining time it might have to goto your career manager prior to getting the release approved

I'm in a non-standard organization (no squadron, group, or wing) with a Deputy Chief (O-5) and a Director (O-6). I ended up sending it to the Director just to be sure. I have just under 3 years left on my contract and I'm overseas, so it'll probably go to my career field manager. I called my MAJCOM functional manager and my career field manager at the Pentagon last week to give them a heads-up. They seemed supportive and said they'd look for the package so hopefully it floats through easily.