I am trying to figure out at which point active duty Air Force selectees receive hard copy orders to pcs to Ft. Rucker. I was told by my local recruiter that we don't get hard copies until the day we ship. If this is accurate, then how are we supposed to put in for housing before hand and schedule a TMO shipment, etc. I am security forces so I'm not having to do basic. I'm going straight to WOCS and there are a lot of things I cannot start doing until I have hard copy orders. Anybody have any input on this, or at least know who I can take direct my question to?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you manage to make any headway Talon? The separations office here still hasn't given me what I need to separate on the Air Force side, and the Army side is saying I have to go to a local recruiter for my notification of transfer. Problem is, the only recruiter is in Seoul and I've tried for a month to contact him with no luck...tried everything short of camping outside the door of the building.

Tons of headway actually, bro. Got a house on post even. Reserved anyway. You haven't even received the notification for transfer? Air Force separations won't be able to do anything until you get your notification, see your recruiter, go to MEPS etc. I'm in delayed entry program and got my contract all squared away. Becomes when when I swear in. After I did that at MEPS, I got my date to enter army and now I'm waiting for air force to change my date of separation.

Tons of headway actually, bro. Got a house on post even. Reserved anyway. You haven't even received the notification for transfer? Air Force separations won't be able to do anything until you get your notification, see your recruiter, go to MEPS etc. I'm in delayed entry program and got my contract all squared away. Becomes when when I swear in. After I did that at MEPS, I got my date to enter army and now I'm waiting for air force to change my date of separation.

Sorry, I did get my notification for transfer, but the only recruiter they say I can go to is here in Korea even though I'll be back stateside in two months. The Air Force put my separation date one day before the report date to Rucker...which I know is wrong. My orders for separation have already been started thankfully. I just need that recruiter here to respond...I've done everything short of camping outside his building to talk to him.

Hmmm... have you tried contacting usarec? Whats the recruiters name? Whats his contact info? Shoot me his info in a pm and maybe we can get someone higher than him/her to help or maybe get him to respond to you. You know what i mean.

After exhausting all my options I talked with USAREC about it but with the time difference I haven't heard back yet. The weird thing is no one knows the recruiters name, even when I emailed USAREC, they only knew his building number and phone number which is never answered. Even the email I found gives a delivery failed. I've tried processing with a recruiter back near my hometown since I'll be there in June but they initially said I had to do it here in Korea. I reattacked after all this trouble and am hoping they'll just let me process through them.