3 replies to this topic

#1 Sycamore

Sycamore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 13:45

Hi everyone. 

I am new in this forum and I would like to consult your opinion. About what happening to me.

I told you a bit about my history...
I was electrician in 2008 in Spain and everything look good to me to try to get my dream become a heli pilot so I move to barcelona I take a ATPL(H)(JAA) course (I did 119h in R22, 25h in AS355 and 60 in EC135 sim).
Everything going very well in Spain was a lot of opportunities for pilot without experience as I will be.
I finished in 2010 and everything in Spain turned wrong. The crisis start and I was not able to get a job as pilot there. 
After two year calling, visiting and emailing companies in Spain I give up and I decided to move to Uk and try to pay the credit (I got a credit to pay my course) and save money. but after two year I am struggle just for pay the F*ck credit. And I am worry because my IR will be expire in 3 year.
I feel I'm not going in the right direction. I am trying to understand where, when and what I'm doing wrong.
Only I want to be seat in a cockpit...

What do you do in my position? Just give up?
I did a lot of mistakes... What can I do to fix them?

Thanks everyone.

#2 dankaten

dankaten

COM Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Flying, Motorcycling and Flying and did I mention Flying?

Posted 04 April 2014 - 18:01

Sycamore,

Try heliopsforum.com. Someone there might be able to help you out. This forum I believe is made up mostly of people from the US and we are not familiar with the problems you are having. Granted a few of us are in the same boat as you in the paying the bills department but we don't have a lot of background with the JAA. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Dan

Dan Katen
CFI/CFII
Spring,TX 77380
dankaten99@msn.com

#3 nocarsgo

nocarsgo

ATP Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 19:35

Heliops' forum is pretty dead, take look at the Rotorheads forum on PPRUNE:  http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads-23/ for the generally more European crowd.

Finishing training at that time was pretty tough for a lot of people over here too.

You need:

Stay persistent,

Keep networking,

and again, Persistence.

#4 Sycamore

Sycamore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:47

thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Europe, helicopter, pilot, struggle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Guidance General 200Spectrum_VRGeneral468PrecisionVRForumGeneral200BLR Gen 200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralFreeFlight_General200LakeSuperiorGeneral200HeliHelmetsMaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200