Question for ag pilots

rotormandan

Guest pokey

Contributing to any given topic is not what you do.

Just as you've done in this thread. Perhaps you've nothing to contribute.

I have contributed plenty of useful info on subjects that i have experience in, however you have got me on this one, i have never set foot in a crop dusting aircraft (nor have i claimed to have)

you however seem to be the expert on just about everything.

we are all still on the edge of our seats for you to tell us all of your worldly aviation career, but most of us have already gathered where your experience "lies"

I have contributed plenty of useful info on subjects that i have experience in, however you have got me on this one, i have never set foot in a crop dusting aircraft (nor have i claimed to have)

Ah. Given that you've nothing to offer here, then your purpose for entering into the thread is only to heckle and provide...nothing.

As usual. As always.

We quit "dusting" a great many years ago, incidentally.

Guest pokey

Ah. Given that you've nothing to offer here, then your purpose for entering into the thread is only to heckle and provide...nothing.

As usual. As always.

We quit "dusting" a great many years ago, incidentally.

I could tell you how long my day is,,, brag about my "worldly" flying experience & how i have done it all, and also call pilots idiots and burn tires ON their aircraft.

you are really something, reminds me of a girl i used to go out with, always has to know it all and get the last word in.

btw? "crop dusting" is kinda like "scotch tape"

I started in a 44 with CPs, ran 35 ft.

We ended up switching to the tee jet tips and cores for the summer spraying, put boom extensions and got it to 42 ft, which is the golden number out here since 4 passes on half mile is 10 acre load the gtfo of the Robby.

The 206 I fly we use the tee jet flat fan inserts, forget the actual name. We use the same swath, 42 ft, sometimes, 44 to get an extra pass for trim at the end of the field. We use 66ft for the Huey, works out to 10 passes for 40 acres.

I believe we are going to use about 55 ft for the accuflows but still have to get it all set up before it ships out. What do you use?

My boss says the same thing about looking out the window. Puts my nerves at ease since I deserve to get sued! And now it CLEARLY makes sense about burning the Forrest down with a tire. Out here we light up on dirt roads so we have little threat of mass fires. Especially this year in the drought.

avbug, you clearly missed the Insult, showing your friends lies is what you do. I don't have to play big bad ass on the forums. Oh and by the way....

Where do you work? Or do you only answer your own questions? Coward

For forestry we run 45ft swaths with the accuflows. It'll make a 52ft swath at 50ft, but we like overlap. When doing pasture I run 40ft because of the terrain.

With CPs on row crops we run 65ft swaths with the 58.

This thread is an abomination to the agricultural/forestry industry and the dedicated pilots within. Rotormanden began with an honest question and it has since digressed to something resembling an argument between sixth graders that has zero relevance to the question asked. I am this and I am that doesn't make a difference. The true test comes in the real world, whether you are spraying a corn field in the Midwest or a clear cut on the side of a mountain in the Pacific Northwest. Ag pilots tend to be a proud, yet silent, group of people. That has changed, due in part to forums and also to younger people breaking their way into the industry and venting through the use of said forums and at the occasional bar. There is no one set way of accomplishing the same task in this industry. Operators that are next door to each other can operate worlds apart. A lot of it comes down to who your mentors were and what works for your specific operation. Some burn tires, others use smoke, some use spotters, many times a combination thereof and some just don't care. As long as the job gets done safely and to the highest quality possible, it doesn't matter. (i.e. "There is more than one way to skin a cat.")

It is abundantly clear that avbug has experience in the agricultural industry. I don't really see anything in his posts that would make me think otherwise. Likewise, I don't doubt any of R22139RJ's experience in this industry. Although I would have no problem putting money on the fact that avbug has more experience in the industry than R22139RJ does. But experience is irrelevant when the only thing accomplished is petty name calling. I think the real gold stars in this thread should go to Rotorhead84 and fleman202, who have both offered sincere responses to questions asked. Perhaps instead of telling everyone how much you know, you should consider responding with sincere and direct answers. Or better yet, sign out and get your spray on.

• Like 1

Cool, good to know. With the 10 gallon ride the most we run is about 50 ft with tips and cores. We're a start up business so we don't have the cash flow for flow control so we usually stick with our 42 because our speed and pressures are set up and calibrated. Our goal is 55ft for our corn

Do you use half boom often?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did my first days of timber. Crazy different than row crop. Accuflows are cool.

Auto cal is nice. Pressure and speed still does the job. Forester checked my gps every load.

.1 acre off! Best day of flying I've ever had! Ha

You flying timber this year rotor?