Is it time to start a July board Thread?? With the May Board results coming out soon I cant tell you how anxious I am for it to be my turn! My packet is deemed board ready and now playing the waiting game... Who has submit their packets for July? Who is still trying? I hope we get a good feel for what the board is currently holding in high esteem with those selected. So we can weigh our chances!

GT:112

SIFT: 70

APFT: 289

42 Sem hrs Aviation Operations

2300 hrs as NRMC KC135 R/T Boom Operator

No Waivers

6yrs prior service AD Air Force (1A051 AFSC)

2.5yrs CA National guard (15P MOS)

LORs: CW4 UH-60 SP, LTC UH-60 IP BN Commander, MAJ UH-60 SP, CPT UH-60 IP Company Commander, LTC USAF SP various Fixed wing.

• Like 5

Ill put this here in hopes that I make July.

ASVAB AFQT/GT: 95/131

SIFT: 70
APFT: 261
EDUCATION: B.S Finance 3.2 GPA to finish, transferred from first college with a 2.3 =(
Flight Physical: Waiting for Rucker approval (shoulder surgery in 2005)

FLIGHT: None
BOARD: TBD
LORS: College baseball coach, Senior VP at my current company, Army Lt. Col (ret), AF Lt. Col F-4 Pilot (ret), Attempting for a CWO once I have the current LOR's in hand

OTHER INFO: Former D1 Athlete and captain of my team, Student Athlete Advisory Council member to the Dean of the university, Currently a regional supervisor for the largest custody bank in the world(brokerage operations), Invited to company Diversity council for community leadership after only a year with the company, Accepted into company Mentoring program after one year with the company(minimum is 2 years exp). For those who know finance I hold series 7,63, and 24 licenses. I was offered to sit for and passed the series 24 at the age of 24.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm in this board as a FQ-NS. Gotta update the PT score, and add the new tattoo stuff they want.

Also, if anyone knows when the corrections/updates for the July board need to be in please let me know. I know it's usually the week after the cutoff, which should have been this week I think. I sent an email to one of the contacts on the WO site. Hopefully they get back to me sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Looks like I'm in this board as a FQ-NS. Gotta update the PT score, and add the new tattoo stuff they want.

Also, if anyone knows when the corrections/updates for the July board need to be in please let me know. I know it's usually the week after the cutoff, which should have been this week I think. I sent an email to one of the contacts on the WO site. Hopefully they get back to me sooner rather than later.

Sorry you didnt make it in this May board, hope this July will be good to you! The Army is puting a bigger emphasis on PT now, the higher the better for sure. Beside PT do you have a strong packet? Are you civilian or military?

I'm AD with nine years in as a SSG. Sift was a 69, my GT is a 120, no degree, but over 50+ hours towards my AA. No flight time, NCOER's are good, LOR's are good. The CW5 that gave me his recommendation and looked my packet over like it was IN the board (he sat on the board not long ago) said it was a good one.

The glaring thing to me was a sub-standard 264 on my PT. I'm generally over 280. Guess that's what happens when it's sub-freezing the morning of and you have a cold. Oh well, I'll fix that (though its hard to ace PT tests at 8500ft).

Otherwise I'll knock out Air Assault for a wait period request, and while i'm waiting finish my AA, and possibly attend Ranger School.

• Like 3

FQ-NS but will try again for the July board. The may board looks like it was the ugliest one as far as selection rate in a long time. Hopefully July will be much better.

Just a ton of applicants with about the same number of slots compared to the average. I think the lapse in a March board (was that ever figured out?) for 153A contributed. Should level out for July.

Just a ton of applicants with about the same number of slots compared to the average. I think the lapse in a March board (was that ever figured out?) for 153A contributed. Should level out for July.

I wonder how the new tattoo policy is going to effect the number of applicants this board. This is the first one after the new 670-1. Anything increasing my odds is welcomed :D

When going to submit for your second look at the board from being FQ-NS at the first; are you supposed to submit the whole packet or just updates.

I assume it's just updates, if so; Do you compile and send them all in 1 pdf in 1 email? Or their own individual documents as separate attachments in 1 email? So, either: (1.pdf with all attachments compiled)? or (1.pdf 2.pdf 3.pdf 4.pdf but still in one email)?

Just posted yesterday on the USAREC website;

Special Announcements:

• 28 MAY 14 - TATTOO POLICY - ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS! Effective with the July 2014 Warrant Officer Selection Board, all applicants must be in compliance with AR 670-1 (Tattoo Policy) and will not be permitted to have unauthorized tattoos (i.e. head, face, above the t-shirt neckline, hands, wrists, fingers, and sleeves). ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED to submit either a Tattoo Policy Validation Memorandum or a Tattoo Waiver Request and Tattoo Policy Validation Memorandum with their packet submission when applying for the Warrant Officer Program. Additionally, ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED to submit the new Statement of Understanding (with the tattoo policy paragraph) with their packet. All sample forms are located under the downloads tab. DA PAM 670-1, Para 3-3 provides guidance on the photos to be included with your Validation and/or Waiver Memos. If you need further guidance or have additional questions, please contact your regional WO recruiting team via email http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOassistance.shtml or telephonically at 910-432-2175. Based on photos previously received, the DA G1 has additional guidance:

1. Applicant should be in the IPFU (authorized PT uniform for applicants from other Services) when having their tattoo(s) photographed.
2. Color photos are required using a white or neutral color background.

3. Photos will depict tattoo location and size by showing the entire area below the elbow, below the knee, and/or above the t-shirt neck line using a ruler.

4. In order to show perspective, a full-length photo of the applicant showing their tattoo(s) is also required.

5. There are no specific camera settings required; however, all photos must be clear and visible.

Been working on the packet since February and should be all set for the July board. I really need to get the PT score up, but other than that I feel that things are in order.

ASVAB/GT: 96/139

SIFT: 66
APFT: 254
EDUCATION: B.B.A. in Finance, 3.3 GPA

MEDICAL: Passed everything, no waivers, physical back from Rucker

FLIGHT: 32 hrs fixed wing
BOARD: TBD
LORS: Air Force Captain (ret.), USAFA Professor, Navy Commander (ret.), CW5 Apache Pilot

Extra info: Fraternity treasurer, Eagle Scout, USAA work experience

Just posted yesterday on the USAREC website;

Special Announcements:

• 28 MAY 14 - TATTOO POLICY - ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS! Effective with the July 2014 Warrant Officer Selection Board, all applicants must be in compliance with AR 670-1 (Tattoo Policy) and will not be permitted to have unauthorized tattoos (i.e. head, face, above the t-shirt neckline, hands, wrists, fingers, and sleeves). ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED to submit either a Tattoo Policy Validation Memorandum or a Tattoo Waiver Request and Tattoo Policy Validation Memorandum with their packet submission when applying for the Warrant Officer Program. Additionally, ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED to submit the new Statement of Understanding (with the tattoo policy paragraph) with their packet. All sample forms are located under the downloads tab. DA PAM 670-1, Para 3-3 provides guidance on the photos to be included with your Validation and/or Waiver Memos. If you need further guidance or have additional questions, please contact your regional WO recruiting team via email http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOassistance.shtml or telephonically at 910-432-2175. Based on photos previously received, the DA G1 has additional guidance:

1. Applicant should be in the IPFU (authorized PT uniform for applicants from other Services) when having their tattoo(s) photographed.
2. Color photos are required using a white or neutral color background.

3. Photos will depict tattoo location and size by showing the entire area below the elbow, below the knee, and/or above the t-shirt neck line using a ruler.

4. In order to show perspective, a full-length photo of the applicant showing their tattoo(s) is also required.

5. There are no specific camera settings required; however, all photos must be clear and visible.

This is something we should definitely have added to Lindsey's guide. I feel like this form is something that may be overlooked in the future. Not so much now since it is such a hot topic with everyone.

Does anyone know the format for sending in updates if you were FQ-NS?

Is it all updated in 1 pdf sent in 1 email under 5mb?

Or is it all separate attachments all in 1 email under 5mb?