Hi,

I am getting ready to retire from the military in the near future and I am curious as to how much is the average pay for someone with an ATP in medium lift helicopters(S70) is or how much the major US companies are paying for these qualifications?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am getting ready to retire from the military in the near future and I am curious as to how much is the average pay for someone with an ATP in medium lift helicopters(S70) is or how much the major US companies are paying for these qualifications?

Thanks!

I'm in a similar situation and planning on doing my ATP as well. Some jobs that I'm looking at require the ATP. Are you going to do it through a school?

Could probably break into the HEMS world with a base salary of 59K a year doing one of the hardest jobs out there and live in a least desired part of the United States;)

I saw a job posting in a desirable part of the United States a few months back for a McDonald's manager in the low to mid 50K's if that helps with understanding the flight pay in the industry.

Air Methods Corp ATP supplemental pay is $600 a year... That's right, $23.08 every other week right in my pocket, before taxes.

A nice perk on top of that is they can invite an FAA rep to your annual checkride for the purposes of awarding an ATP if you fly to those standards. So that does represent an expense saved.

• 1 month later...

The ATP is resume candy for the most part, unless you're flying in an operation that requires the ATP. Employers will make tacit recognition of the certification, but won't pay much (if anything extra) because it's not required. It's a little like having a masters degree; some employers may pay something extra if you have it, but most won't, because it's irrelevant to the job.

If it gets them a break on insurance, or makes you stand out just a little more than the next guy applying for the job, it's to your benefit, and there may be some small recognition. It may help the employer advertise that their pilots hold higher qualifications, but by and large, it's not that attractive to most employes who aren't engaged in flying that requires an ATP.