5 week vs. 7 week WOCS

I'm aware that the requirement to go to the 5 week vs. 7 week WOCS is having completed my service's equivalent to WLC.

However, in the USMC we have two different versions of the Sergeant's course. One is an online course and the other, a resident course.

Which one satisfies the requirement to attend the 5 week WOCS? Both?

• Like 1

I would imagine that your resident course would be similar to our WLC/ALC/SLC. The online is probably similar to our SSD (Structured Self Development) courses. If that is the case, you would need the required courses on both sides complete to match up to our WLC requirement.

I'm sure someone here knows more on this than I do, I'm merely speculating. My next leadership course would be SLC, so, I'm GTG as far as the short course is concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

I should have added,

I ship to Ft Benning for BCT July 14th then WOCS Oct 2nd.

Too bad we won't be in the same basic.

I'll see skyreaper and firepilot in Benning at least.

Oct 2nd looks like

Edited by Yamer

Well, maybe I can join ya'll. If not, when's the next? By the way, got my acceptance letter from the USAR unit today. Funny how they do things backwards by giving me this letter before I'm even selected to be a WOC.

Edited by Marine4WOFT

• 2 years later...

Bringing this back from the dead, but I was reading through the Army guidance on this today and it seems as an E5 in the USMC PERIOD one is to attend the Phase one DL. Can anyone confirm or deny?

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOoverview.shtml

Thanks all

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the same boat. 8 years in the corps, corporals course, sergeants course, didn't matter. Still had to go through the 7 week course. Didn't mind it though, I was able to pick up extra information on how to Army and I got to meet several other branch transfers that way.

• Like 1

I was in the same boat. 8 years in the corps, corporals course, sergeants course, didn't matter. Still had to go through the 7 week course. Didn't mind it though, I was able to pick up extra information on how to Army and I got to meet several other branch transfers that way.

Someone screwed up, you should have only had to do a 5 week course.

Also had to go through it with a bunch of losers. Lol

• Like 2