Paternity Leave for Title 10 NG

APPLICABILITY: PATERNITY LEAVE IS ONLY AUTHORIZED FOR A MARRIED SOLDIER ON ACTIVE DUTY, TO INCLUDE TITLE 10 AND TITLE 32 ACTIVE GUARD AND RESERVE (AGR) DUTY, WHOSE WIFE GIVES BIRTH TO A CHILD ON OR AFTER 14 OCTOBER 2008.

This is an excerpt from the ALARACT, I'm currently NG deployed (Not AGR) and my wife is going to be having a baby before I get home. Has anyone been through this before, and did you get the 10 days?

I'm active duty, so I don't know if this applies to you. My son was born while I was deployed. Upon re-deployment, I had 60 days to take the non-chargable leave. Do you get a block leave period post deployment? If so, I would think that's when this would be applied. I'll get with my S1 and see if she can figure out how that policy affects activated/deployed NG/Reserves.

I'm active duty, so I don't know if this applies to you. My son was born while I was deployed. Upon re-deployment, I had 60 days to take the non-chargable leave. Do you get a block leave period post deployment? If so, I would think that's when this would be applied. I'll get with my S1 and see if she can figure out how that policy affects activated/deployed NG/Reserves.

We accrue tax free leave just like AD and once we De-mob we are put on leave for the duration of the accrued leave. I would guess that they would be able to put me on 10 days of non-chargeable and then start my accrued leave after that.Thanks for looking into it, I wont be able to ask anyone until we go through de-mob.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...