APART book

Can't say that I've ever heard of an "APART Folder". Your APART consists of a standz checkride, NVG checkride, instrument checkride, usually a dash ten exam, and some other fun stuff. So basically it's a big checkride covering pretty much everything you should know about flying.

You'll probably have CBAT (ASE) and aircrew coordination training scheduled during that period as well. Of course flight physical as well but that's not an APART requirement. Once a year, 3 months prior to the end of your birth month.

Once complete it all gets entered into your training folder. You sign some statement that you met your ATP mins for the year and then your commander signs it. Flight ops does your close out in your flight records folder when complete. Both of those folders aren't "proper APART folders" though.

Edited by Velocity173

I think you are intermixing an IATF (individual aircrew training folder) an IFRF (individual flight records folder) and APART (Annual proficiency and readiness test) together.

Your CTL (commander's task list) goes in your IATF which is used to show task and iterations as well as flight hours for your annual and semi-annual flight ATP requirements. Your CTL/IATF are used for your APART as entries are made when different things are completed. Usually an entry is put on your 7122-R for each evaluation you are given, in addition to PCS, 4186, 759 closeout etc. The 7122-R is on the right side of your IATF.

Your IFRF has all of your 1059's, and most of your course graduation material as well as all of your flight record closeout 759's.

IP's on here could probably go way more in depth than I can on each of these.

Hope that makes more sense.

I dont know what I'm mixing but all that helps.

I was told to constantly be building your folder all year so when it's time to do your check ride you are prepared. Along the lines of study material I think is what this captain was going for... Ring any bells?

Always study. I know it sounds funny, but it is VERY easy to get so busy doing missions that you forget basic sh*t.

Gunnery is a task you will complete. You will take an HGST (written test) and have to qualify on various gunnery tables.

Some units actually produce a "APART Study Guide". Ours at 7/17 was a mix of HGST, 5&9s, airspace, local procedures, and systems.

I dont know what I'm mixing but all that helps.

I was told to constantly be building your folder all year so when it's time to do your check ride you are prepared. Along the lines of study material I think is what this captain was going for... Ring any bells?

I've never heard of anything like what you are referring to.

If you look in your respective aircraft's aircrew training manual it outlines your checkride. IPs are supposed to ask questions from certain areas and evaluate a set task list under the appropriate modes of flight. Additional annual requirements are in the 3-04.11. Honestly I haven't even delved into it on the Blackhawk because I haven't graduated the course yet...So I'm still being evaluated based on a flight training guide (or whatever they changed the name to).

You're getting a little ahead of yourself. Graduate flight school first, then you can start war gaming your progression and APART by reading stuff like the 3-04.11. Read appendix A so you can call your IP out on your 7122 entries. I'm sure he'll appreciate that lol.

Edit: I am, however saving the documents I've found to be particularly helpful for reference at the unit. Airspace etc.

Yeah I do get what you mean though. I gave away all my primary stuff but I'm definitely keeping the book that summarizes aeromed, airspace, aerodynamics, etc. If you do get a chance to take a look at your ATM you'll probably see a good guideline for what should be in an "APART book" in chapter 3. It'll be under evaluation sequence. At least that's where it was when I was a NCM FI.

Edit: still in the same place in my new ATM so likely in the same place in the Apache atm.