Fraudulent LOR's

Was just looking through USAREC for any recent updates and came across this.

• LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION FOR ARMY APPLICANTS: Due to several fraudulent LOR submissions by applicants, all Active Duty Army applicants will now be required to use USAREC Form 1936 and the recommender will be required to digitally sign the form. If a recommender cannot sign the form due to extenuating circumstance, these will be entertained on a case-by-case basis. Furthermore, the recommender MUST include their unit info, e-mail, and phone number in the bottom of the narrative.

Who in the world is ballsy enough to submit a false LOR? As if they wouldnt find out at some point?! Im guessing even IF they were selected, their contract would be voided immediately. Just found it crazy that people would even try this.

I came over from the AF, I submitted first with Memo style LORs and I had to have them put on the 1936, but they were just physically signed with contact info since we didn't have the software to sign the Army form. I didn't have any problems submitting them.

I came over from the AF, I submitted first with Memo style LORs and I had to have them put on the 1936, but they were just physically signed with contact info since we didn't have the software to sign the Army form. I didn't have any problems submitting them.

Just so I understand, you basically had a LOR written, put that into the USAREC 1936 form, printed it out and had the individual sign it? and that was accepted? If thats the case, I should be able to do that, I think. And thank you for the response.

Creep,

Just to add more mud to the murky water, I was selected in May and only one of my LORs was on the USAREC 1936 (now the USAREC 3.3 by the way). I was planning on putting all of mine on that form, but my recruiter said it was unnecessary. PM your email if you need a template.

Creep,

Just to add more mud to the murky water, I was selected in May and only one of my LORs was on the USAREC 1936 (now the USAREC 3.3 by the way). I was planning on putting all of mine on that form, but my recruiter said it was unnecessary. PM your email if you need a template.

Thanks man, guess I will be google'ing the 3.3? Sent you a PM too.

I think there are quite a few people who are ballsy enough to forge an LOR. We had a couple of people in my last unit who had S-1 change their ASVAB scores in the system. Once it was found out, the two were pulled out of WOCS for an honor violation and the offenders in the S-1 shop were punished as well. They're out there.

• 3 months later...

The .pdf form 3.3 form is the new version of the USAREC 1936. The 3.3 as a .pdf can be digitally signed.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/WOpdownload_forms.shtml

http://www.usarec.army.mil/im/formpub/Forms.htm

If neither of these work for you, shoot me a PM and ill try to get you a blank version that I used.

• 1 month later...

I'd make sure they have atleast 6 months left on the time as well. If you get passed over on the first board, you won't have to submit updates in that area. Most people who give you an LOR shouldnt have a problem with signing one with only an updated date. Unless you've really ticked em off since ;)

• Like 1