Sister service PCS question.

I have searched the forums, as I know it has been covered before, but I cannot find it, if someone can forward me the link, or answer I appreciate it.

As an active duty Marine, if I do get selected, and say for example I have a WOCS date of 15 Sept. At what point can I expect to go to MEPS to process into the Army? show up at Ft. Rucker? Move the family to Ft. Rucker? be eligible for base housing? and would I rate a TMO move? I know this is a long way in the future as I am not selected yet, but Im deployed with not much going on and just trying to figure stuff out to keep the wife informed and happy.

Thanks in advance.

J

• Like 1

When I was selected, I had 30 days to show up at MEPS and sign my contract. Most of that other stuff should be covered there since that will be the day everything is supposed to be taken care of. Although, MEPS is notorious for being virtually no help with things related to Inter Service transfers to WOFT. Hopefully they prove me wrong. That's really all I can say for that. I was a High School to Flight School person so my process was very similar, but still different. I took care of the move of my House Hold Goods and Wife after Candidate School, but there were prior service guys that I know for sure got authorization to move their Dependents and HHG prior to and during WOCS.

Go read the "Next step WOFT/WOCS" feed that was posted last week. UH60L-IP posted some info related to those specific questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I was active duty Marine as well. When you get selected just stay on top of the situation. Your orders will take you from being a Marine one day to a Soldier the next. If you haven't recieved orders for MEPS then press the recruiters. Make them do their jobs.

Things were a little more complicated for me because I didn't have a conditional release. I had to jump through hoops the last few months to get out. Anyway your orders should cover most of the moving questions.

Edited by Velocity173
  • Like 1

Thanks, like I said I am not even selected yet. Just trying to find answers for questions like this for myself and to ease the mind of my wife. As for the conditional release, Im still waiting to route that (its filled out) until my extension paperwork comes back so I have a new EAS date. HQMC is taking their sweet time.