Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows the basic entry level pilot pay at the main players in the EMS field? I'm specifically looking at Air Methods, Med-Trans, and AMRG. I know that benefits and things play into it too but I'm just looking at base pay. Helicopter Salaries is a pretty good website but there isn't any current data on there and half the companies are not listed.

If you go up to Career Development and click on Heli Salaries, you should get what you want there. Med-Trans doesn't publically advertise their starting pay. I can tell you it's in the same ballpark as most providers. Besides a few private contactors, no one really stands out in pay in the EMS industry.

Air Methods Corp. current contract starts at $59,399 annual.

If you're flexible, AMC has bases with supplements (used to be called "hard to fill"), a couple thousand and up to fill pilot seats. Cost of living adjustments figure in some cases,too. I don't see that as additional income as those places cost more to merely breathe than others...

Air Methods Corp. current contract starts at $59,399 annual.

If you're flexible, AMC has bases with supplements (used to be called "hard to fill"), a couple thousand and up to fill pilot seats. Cost of living adjustments figure in some cases,too. I don't see that as additional income as those places cost more to merely breathe than others...

Don't forget the signing bonuses.

I know metro negotiates based on past experience. There is one here at my hangar. When I chatted with them, I was looking at about $65K. A couple guys who had prior EC135 time started at about $70K. Not including what appears to be unlimited overtime!!!!! At least at this base. When I talked with them, it wasnt a set pay scale. More of a salary based on experience sorta thing.

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...