Chances for WOFT with a delinquent past?

Hello,

I have started this thread in an attempt to get in touch with any WO Aviators or recruiters that would be willing to discuss with me my background and my chances of being offered a WOFT slot. I will not sugar coat my past and will present a comprehensive background of myself, including the strong parts of my application. I don't think it would be smart to post this all on a public forum so I would prefer to communicate through PM. Since I do not know which members I should PM, I would ask that anyone willing to listen and offer their opinion please send me a PM and I will respond asap. Thank you very much.

-Droz88

I have a friend that that is a Combat Controller(AF Special Ops). Two Bronze Stars with V, several Air Medals, outstanding ASVAB/GT Scores, did great on the SIFT and has a degree with a 3.8 GPA. He had an amazing packet. 6 years ago he got a DUI even though he was under the legal limit, his waiver was denied. If you've got a checkered past, it will be hard because of the draw down.

I have a friend that that is a Combat Controller(AF Special Ops). Two Bronze Stars with V, several Air Medals, outstanding ASVAB/GT Scores, did great on the SIFT and has a degree with a 3.8 GPA. He had an amazing packet. 6 years ago he got a DUI even though he was under the legal limit, his waiver was denied. If you've got a checkered past, it will be hard because of the draw down.

Out of curiosity, did he get a moral waiver approved, and then the packet was denied? or was the moral waiver denied?

Out of curiosity, did he get a moral waiver approved, and then the packet was denied? or was the moral waiver denied?

Moral Waiver denied. I was hopeful for him because now you submit your packet for a moral waiver, I was hoping when they saw how competitive he was they would give him a shot.

Moral Waiver denied. I was hopeful for him because now you submit your packet for a moral waiver, I was hoping when they saw how competitive he was they would give him a shot.

That sucks man. As a JTAC, and having done a lot of work with CCT's here on this deployment, and having gone through Dive with a bunch, they are a good group of guys. And other that that moral offense, it does seem like a damn good packet.

• 3 months later...

I'm a bit late on this one. However my take, and what I hear from current aviators, on the DUI is that it is a direct link with what you will be doing. I.E, if your willing to drink and drive what's going to keep you from drinking and flying. Also, I hear it's the highest reason for getting eliminated from the WOFT program.

Secondly I have a civil conviction waiver that was approved feel free to PM me if you are still looking for guidance. I will send you a sample letter that you can take from to write your own.

P.S. I have not yet gone to WOCS, I leave in a few months, nor am I or claim to be a subject matter expert.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wanting to go from reserve to active...

I will need a moral waiver for underage drinking citation 5 years ago (citation was withdrawn).

Has anyone heard of a moral waiver being granted for an underage? Also, do you have to send in a MW request prior to packet submission, or do you submit the request with your packet?

Anyone have an example of an approved MW?