Travel to Rucker questions.

First off, disclaimer: Opsec really doesn't apply here. Okay so, here's the deal. I'll be going to Denver MEPS and receiving my orders on Sept 17 (I'm slated for the Oct class). My girlfriend is going to drive down with me and fly back to Colorado. First question: How long are they going to give me to drive? (approx 1500 miles). Two: are they going to count weekends toward that travel time? Three, how much "freedom" will I have in receiving company? Four, what will lodging be like in receiving company? (stay on base? off base? per Diem? Would they let me stay off base if I had my own hotel for a night or two?). Sorry if those are rookie questions but I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row heh.

Couple things, man. First, OPSEC applies everywhere! Better learn that now. Second, utilize the search bar on this forum. Most questions have been answered on other threads. Lastly, utilize google. The information is readily available online.You just need to search for it. Not trying to sound like a dick, but there are way to many new threads that have been popping up with the same old questions. Best of luck in your WOFT quest.

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/16560-the-move-to-rucker/?hl=%2Bmove+%2Bto+%2Brucker

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/faqtvlpoc.cfm

Well... neither of those links you posted really answered my questions with the exception of the distance per travel day. I don't have questions about moving to Rucker, I have questions regarding the possible sequence of events from swearing in at MEPS to traveling by POV to Rucker to check into receiving (I'm a prior that isn't going to basic). The defense travel site didn't specify if weekends counted as travel days, and also didn't state anything about checking in on weekends (There were situations where I've had to do both). There was also no information regarding room accommodations/restrictions regarding time spent in receiving before I class up. "go home after formation" isn't really an answer either if that's what you were referring to. OPSEC also doesn't apply here in any way shape or form. My statement was merely a courtesy/disclaimer to prevent people from needlessly bringing it up.

Couple things, man. First, OPSEC applies everywhere! Better learn that now. Second, utilize the search bar on this forum. Most questions have been answered on other threads. Lastly, utilize google. The information is readily available online.You just need to search for it. Not trying to sound like a dick, but there are way to many new threads that have been popping up with the same old questions. Best of luck in your WOFT quest.

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/16560-the-move-to-rucker/?hl=%2Bmove+%2Bto+%2Brucker

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/faqtvlpoc.cfm

Could you please elaborate on the OPSEC comment, purely for my benefit.

• Like 1

This could have been directed into the other thread vs starting a new one, that's what I was getting at. Were you NG before? The only reason I ask is because AD receiving co work pretty much the same wherever you go. So that should answer most of the questions right there. But just in case...CQ will be on duty (even during the weekends) for you to report in to.

Once you are on orders, they will give you a report date. They do not discriminate against weekends. Travel days are travel days.

Generally, they will give you an option of your temp living conditions while in-processing. I have seen single guys with gf's stay in a hotel during the in-processing stage.

As far as "freedom".. You are given times to be places. You will have plenty of time to get your affairs in order. It is not a lock down scenario like BCT. That should tell you everything.

Orders are cut to begin 10 days before your WOCS class. That is your in-processing time... This has been covered in many threads.

@Diesel5187, it is a generalization. OPSEC applies to everything in the military. Even the little things that do not seem important can be used negatively.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I can cruise by it if you want. It seems to be in duplex land... Not new remodels

That would be awesome. I've never been to Rucker, but like any other duty station, I know on post housing has its ups and downs. As long as it doesn't change, I am told that I will be housed up at 90 Harris drive. Thanks for the assistance.

Yes that is correct, if you live in Allen heights with no roommate, they don't take all of your bah. If you have a roommate, they split the less amount in half so you pocket even more.

If you are married you can get the new stuff, maybe, otherwise it's older stuff for sure

Drove by it, it's on the border with the old ones but it is a new remodel. Apparently that whole block is only half remodeled. You are on the good half.

iPhone maps puts it in the wrong location lol same street but a block and a half too far south

Drove by it, it's on the border with the old ones but it is a new remodel. Apparently that whole block is only half remodeled. You are on the good half.

iPhone maps puts it in the wrong location lol same street but a block and a half too far south

Thanks for all of the information and help. These days can't go by fast enough so I can be there already.

• Like 1