November 2014 WOFT Board

Ok so with September not happening, next board is 17 Nov. Here we go FY15.

Me:

GT:131/ 95 AFQT

SIFT: 70

APFT: 284

Education: B.S Finance 3.2 GPA

Flight physical: Complete and qualified

Waiver: Shoulder surgery in 2005

LOR's: Head college baseball coach, Retired USMC Major RIO, Retired Army LTC, AD Command CW5

Battalion board: 75/75 with good comments

Other info: D1 Athlete - Captain of team senior year, Regional supervisor for the worlds largest custody bank, Volunteer activities supporting veterans

WTFoski:

GT: 117
SIFT: 48
APFT: 289
Education: 3.0 GPA 39 credits towards criminal justice degree
Waiver: LASIK and kidney surgery
LOR: former CO Major Civil Affairs, retired CW5, retired CSM, retired SF SFC, former PL Captain, civilian law enforcement Captain.
Board: Not sure what I scored, but they told me I was one of the better ones they've had. It was a huge confidence boost.
Other info: 6 years prior service army and 5 years civilian law enforcement. Nothing too special I guess, I'm pretty much just an average guy with a couple more goals I want accomplished.

• Like 2

In reply to your last comment in the other thread. The gym is tiny, and packed, no real HIT/Crossfit ability there. But our platoon packed our own gym equipment and were able to clear out a 20'x20x spot down in the upper V, its about 110 degrees and humid as hell but it works or. Treadmills are interesting, cause of the rocking of the ship too.

• Like 2

In reply to your last comment in the other thread. The gym is tiny, and packed, no real HIT/Crossfit ability there. But our platoon packed our own gym equipment and were able to clear out a 20'x20x spot down in the upper V, its about 110 degrees and humid as hell but it works or. Treadmills are interesting, cause of the rocking of the ship too.

Better than nothing at least. Not a mod ardo, just able to lock it because I started it.

Got word my physical was sent back due to ANOTHER form that relates to my PRK. Have to wait for the Flight Surgeon to sign it and resubmit. The physical is going to hold me back.

Creep- JC wants to know if you're still chain smoking.

Haha no man, I quit smoking close to 3 years ago now, and quit dipping during the SOTG shooting package, like a year and a half ago. Tell JC I said whats up.

That sucks the physical is going to hold you back though man, my "Bn Co." LOR is whats holding me off the Nov board.

Longtime lurker here. So I finally decided to register and put up my numbers. I am a bit let down in the postponement of the Sept selection board, but it allows for any sort of improvement possible to any of our packets. Here we go:

GT/AFQT: 125/85

SIFT: 66

APFT: 244

Education: Associate of Arts Degree w/ 3.4 GPA

Flight Physical: Completed and Approved

Waiver: ACL Reconstruction in 2009, Abnormal EKG

LOR's: Former Employer (Private Business Owner), Former Supervisor (Govt Employee), Previous College Professor (Retired Police Officer, and State Representative), Retired Army LTC (Family Friend), AD Army CW4.

Board: Approved (I was not told the official scoring, but I was treated to lunch afterwards by the LTC that was the president of the board.)

Aviation: PPL in Rotor-craft. 55 total flight hours.

Other Info: Current Retail Manager for Oakley Inc., Assistant Manager/ Buyer for private retail company for 4 years, spent time Volunteering for Town of Breckenridge for multiple events.

I am pretty optimistic about going into the first board for the FY15, but with the Sept Board being cancelled I would assume that should at least double the amount of applicants for November. I am sure competition will be stiff, and I know there are areas (my APFT) that I can improve on my packet. I wish the best of luck to everyone.

Mind explaining your EKG? I'm an EMT and curious your condition.

I believe it was called a "right bundle block". From what I researched and was told by the Flight Doc was that it is very common and I have probably had it my whole life and did not know. I had to see a cardiologist and run a few tests including: Stress Test, Halter Monitor, and an Ultrasound.

All my results turned out normal besides the RBB.

Longtime lurker here. So I finally decided to register and put up my numbers. I am a bit let down in the postponement of the Sept selection board, but it allows for any sort of improvement possible to any of our packets. Here we go:

LOR's: Former Employer (Private Business Owner), Former Supervisor (Govt Employee), Previous College Professor (Retired Police Officer, and State Representative), Retired Army LTC (Family Friend), AD Army CW4.

Board: Approved (I was not told the official scoring, but I was treated to lunch afterwards by the LTC that was the president of the board.)

Other Info: Current Retail Manager for Oakley Inc., Assistant Manager/ Buyer for private retail company for 4 years, spent time Volunteering for Town of Breckenridge for multiple events.

I am pretty optimistic about going into the first board for the FY15, but with the Sept Board being cancelled I would assume that should at least double the amount of applicants for November. I am sure competition will be stiff, and I know there are areas (my APFT) that I can improve on my packet. I wish the best of luck to everyone.

Welcome aboard man and good luck! If you bring that APFT up a little bit I think you'll be in good shape(pun intended). You can really up it in a month if you get after it.

Just so everyone has an idea of what FY15 looks like. This is what was told to me.

"FY15 flight school accessions took a hit due to funding restrictions. Right now the plan is to bring in only 217 applicants for next year. That is a little over half of what we want to bring in to maintain our aviation force. Of that, 163 will be in service soldiers. The remaining 54 seats will be civilian guys like yourself"

What are you waiting on to finish your packet? If you don't mind me asking.

-Conditional Release, is sitting up at HQMC. 24MO re-enlistment got delayed (submitted in may didn't get approved until Aug) causing a delay here as well.

-"Bn. Co." LOR is hard to get right now, he is not co-located with me on the deployment, and super busy with the whole situation going on over here right now.

Other than that, I just need to print/sign/re-scan some forms but everything is done.

Bring that PT up and you should be pretty solid.

I believe it was called a "right bundle block". From what I researched and was told by the Flight Doc was that it is very common and I have probably had it my whole life and did not know. I had to see a cardiologist and run a few tests including: Stress Test, Halter Monitor, and an Ultrasound.

All my results turned out normal besides the RBB.

We see right bundle branch blocks all the time. Sometimes dehydration can cause it too.

No biggie

Hello folks I am no longer a lurker because this thread makes me relevant. Will hopefully be getting my application in for the November deadline. Don't have stats quite yet but should have the SIFT and Flight physical done at the end of the month. Question for Beck I also have had prk done (by big brother army) what paperwork are they giving you grief on so I know what to avoid

Hello folks I am no longer a lurker because this thread makes me relevant. Will hopefully be getting my application in for the November deadline. Don't have stats quite yet but should have the SIFT and Flight physical done at the end of the month. Question for Beck I also have had prk done (by big brother army) what paperwork are they giving you grief on so I know what to avoid

Welcome to the board. Are you AD or civilian? Just wondering because you had PRK done by the army but not sure if that means you are still in.

Hope you get all the paperwork you need man, and have no problems. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I can forward you the Aero Med checklist an policy letters if you'd like to review it to make sure you have everything you need. I went through it in depth to make sure my (Navy) flight surgeon hit all the wickets and did the correct tests (he did outdated tests that the Army no longer excepts the first time around).

Also if your trying to get your stuff in by the Nov. deadline, that would put you on the Jan. board, with me, hopefully. :)

• Like 1

AD Air Force currently stationed in Europe which is why my surgery was completed by the army, Landsthul is the only local that does it over here . Also I am doing my flight physical at an army base as well it's just easier in the long run then trying to get AF flight med to pull their heads out their assets plus it's easier for them to send it to Rucker . Creep I will be in touch

• Like 1

Ya I have never had any qualms with the accommodations it's the people that always drive me crazy lots of AF people have a complacent, can't do attitude. Even applying for WOFT they look at it as if I'm trying to hard. Smh... Lots of people coasting with no ambition. I work supply and the amount of waste it kills me.

• Like 1

I think I know exactly where you are ....only because I was there last year . You can go shopping off base with a letter approved by your co ,af folks are allowed 3 drinks a night . I wasn't even issued a weapon big difference from the FOBs of Afghanistan.

Alright time to get in on this forum just for fun. Packet is complete and final revisions are being made.

My stats:

GT:129

SIFT: 68

APFT: 300

Education: AS 3.24

Flight physical: Complete and qualified

Waiver: None

LOR's: O3 SF, O5 SF, O6 West Point Department Head, and CW5 Aviation

Other info: Active Duty, SF Engineer, SSG, 5 deployments.

Crossing my fingers!

• Like 4