First solo flight...fact or fiction?

eagle5

Saw an episode of Airplane Repo last night where this guy claims his first solo flight in a helicopter was reposessing an R44. That doesn't sound like something you can do on your first solo flight, so if he's breaking regs I don't see why he'd do it on national television? Then at one point he's in the cockpit with the gyros spinning up and the dead beat debtor walks by, but doesn't hear it?

This show might be fake...?

I saw that show actually. Its so far from real its irritating. So he "takes off" all over the place in a perfectly controled "out of control" wobble. New pilots pendulum until its over...he or whom ever was in it, did not.

Then he sits it down, regroups, and has a picture perfect departure. Hmmm

Have you ever had or seen happen a house repo? They are called foreclosure in the business of realestate. Pretty simple process, involves paperwork, notices, maybe once in a while a sheriff to evict those who just wont move out.

Now imagine a TV show where its called house repo!!! Guys sneaking around, no paperwork, no approaching the owner, prowling about. Cutting the power, using moving trucks to steal all the owners possessions out of the house when they leave so they can rekey it and get it back to the bank?

Showing a hole in some sheetrock once in a while and freaking out that maybe the house is structurally damaged and could collapse at any moment.... Get the idea?

Its a great drama show however that you can use to get sympathy from your non aviation friends and family. Show them how dangerous it is, and how much of a badass you are for doing it every day!! Lol

I am relatively new to aviation...and still was annoyed at the portrayal of the industry.

Repo guys sometimes sneak in and take back the item....but in bad situations they just involve the local sheriff to assist so everyone remains safe. With legal notices and paperwork everytime.

In many places repo men are required by law to notify the law enforcement agency where the repo will take place and they have to notify the agency as soon as it's completed. The repo business isn't as wild and unchecked as these shows make it look. In the case of somethig like a car repo, in CA if the car is on private property you can attempt to make the repo, but as soon as the owner comes out and tell you to leave you are required to stop and leave the property. That's why you see a lot of times they will hook up a car quickly and drag it Into the street. Once it's off of private property the "owner" no longer has any legal standing over the property. In most of these dramatic repos everyone is in on it. The owners are offered money by they show to play the part and then it's lights camera action.

In many places repo men are required by law to notify the law enforcement agency where the repo will take place and they have to notify the agency as soon as it's completed. The repo business isn't as wild and unchecked as these shows make it look. In the case of somethig like a car repo, in CA if the car is on private property you can attempt to make the repo, but as soon as the owner comes out and tell you to leave you are required to stop and leave the property. That's why you see a lot of times they will hook up a car quickly and drag it Into the street. Once it's off of private property the "owner" no longer has any legal standing over the property. In most of these dramatic repos everyone is in on it. The owners are offered money by they show to play the part and then it's lights camera action.

So professional wrestling is fake and scripted too ?

• Like 1

The first version of this show with the guy out of northern Indiana was legit, I think the absurdity of reality television was the reason he decided not to renew for a second season. These reality TV shows are controlled by a bunch of hollywood idiots that intentionally try to make the "reality" scripted or create more drama so that it makes what they believe to be a better show.

In the first season of this show, the cameramen would all be aboard the aircraft and they would shoot the departure from inside the aircraft as it took off. That at least has some legitimacy to it. I then switch on the second season and see all these multiple camera angles, including nice close up scenes of the aircraft taxiing out, hovering around etc etc. continuing to cite how dangerous it is. If it's that dangerous, then how are you taking off and leaving 4 or 5 guys on the ground shooting the action?

I once had someone try to tell me it was all just GoPro's that they placed as soon as they got close to an aircraft. From a guy who knows a little bit about video, I can tell you, I don't own a single gopro that could shoot the kind of footage they get which is clearly from a camera worth several thousand dollars...

Just another utter trash reality show.... now I am off to watch my daily dose of Kardashians if you'll excuse me gents.... (actually I would rather slam my dick repeatedly in a car door than watch even a second of that crap).

• Like 1

Along with the FAA, the TSA should watch the show too. It would scare the public to death to know how unsecure most of our GA airports are.

The TSA is the next closest thing to worthless and should be disbanded. It is an ungodly waste of taxpayer money and only has a slightly better return on investment than any other welfare program.

• Like 2