Sift test for Sister Service Applicants

My recruiter is trying to get me schedule for the SIFT next week (woot!). Other than identification, what other paperwork did you have to take to the testing center for sister service applicants? I'm told just my ERB equivalent (page 1,4,and 5 for the Navy)

Has anyone ever gotten a response from HRC about having scores converted? My recruiter says it's not necessary, and has a REDD report with my scores already converted. The Warrant Officer Recruiting website states that I will need a letter from them converting my scores before I will be allowed to test? Also says that letter must be included in my packet. Am I missing a step here?

Any experiences one way or the other?

This is the wording taking directly from the website:

Those individuals who request to take the SIFT must take a copy of the letter certifying their ASVAB scores to the nearest Army Education Center or testing facility in order to schedule the exam with them. Original letter must accompany application packet for the Warrant Officer Program. If you are unsure where the closest Army Test facility is, go to our web site: https://www.armyeducation.army.milClick on Testing at the top of the screen, then scroll down to see local test accounts.

Whats up man. I am assuming by your name/rate your a Navy guy? There was a letter I needed to take with me to Ft. Bragg IOT take the exam. After I had my REDD report pulled (which already had the Army scores) I needed to forward that to someone who "certified it" and wrote a letter allowing me to take the SIFT, that letter was required at the testing center. As far as I know the "original letter" that needs to be included in the packet is the actual SIFT results, I don't believe the authorization letter is part of the packet, if so it wasn't picked up by the WO recruiter who looked over my package, and is not in my package.

I did all this back in Dec/Jan before I deployed, and I am still stuck on this POS Navy ship. Ill see if I have that paperwork back in my berthing and get back to you if I do with any contact info that is on there.

• Like 2

Just to follow up in case anyone searches this thread later.

After being up half the night with a sick toddler at the ER (good now) I drove the 4 hours to Ft. Hood and the stars fell into alignment. I had all of the paperwork they said to bring, but the test proctor for the SIFT test was only interested in the DA 4187 signed by the Army requesting that I be given the SIFT. She took one look at it, one look at my Navy CAC card, and paused for what seemed like 30 seconds to me. Finally she said "Looks good to me! take a seat". I couldn't believe that I didn't run into any issues.

So, after all my worrying and double checking, I have no idea if I had all of the correct paperwork or not, but I sure wasn't going to ask any questions. Knocked out a 74, got my signed letter, thanked them and got the hell out.

MEPS in Houston only gives the SIFT once a month by appointment, where as Ft. Hood does it on a walk-ins-welcome basis every Thursday. If anyone runs into any push back from one testing center, I would definitely suggest seeing what else is available and trying somewhere else. Now on to get scheduled for the Flight Physical as soon as possible.