Hey guys,

The book I have been working on for the last 2 years is finally done and is in the final phase of publishing. I would like to thank all of those who assisted me in this effort.

Here is the link.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/richard-theriault/robinson-r22-systems-manual/paperback/product-21944974.html

• Like 1

Richard and I have been in agreement for some time that this book/information was lacking for pilots in training.

I am happy to see he has taken it to completion and provided a training resource.

I still want my signed copy!

Mike

Astro,

What this book does is go into details about the various systems of the Robinson R22. It is not a rehash of the flight manual. All the R22 and R44 books I have seen in the market place are basically a rewrite of the flight manual. It is set up like the system manuals for large turbine aircraft. It discusses each system and the whys of how the systems are set up. It also discusses variations of different systems that a helicopter pilot could see in other helicopters. After all they are studying to be helicopter pilots, not Robinson R22 pilots.

Over the years as a flight instructor and a Chief Instructor, I have noticed that students are not really getting s solid background on systems. I would ask a simple question and they would get totally lost.

Double posting is really annoying and spammy.

The book sounds awesome, I'd like to have a copy, but $68? Value is subjective, and maybe I'm alone in this, but that price point is about 3x more than what an R22 systems book is worth to me. It does sounds like you put a lot of work into the book, though. I hope it sells well for ya.

Beautiful picture on the cover!

The book sounds awesome, I'd like to have a copy, but $68? Value is subjective, and maybe I'm alone in this, but that price point is about 3x more than what an R22 systems book is worth to me. It does sounds like you put a lot of work into the book, though. I hope it sells well for ya.

TV,

Only read one post and cut down on half of your being annoyed. There are some industry resources that need to appear in more than one place.

You have discounted 2/3's of the value of the book without having it as a resource in front of you.

$68 compared to life long helicopter systems knowledge and reference? Value and worth? I can understand anyone not wanting to spend $'s on a book when pressed for financial resources.

Many pilots in training and CFI applicants will be educated by the material offered in the book.

Mike

TV,

By double postings you mean my post in press releases, it was not intended as spam. That posting was strictly a press release that was sent to several media outlets. The posting in this forum was intended to reach those who do not read press releases.

As for cost, I am sorry you feel that way. Yes I did put a lot of effort into the book. I also put a lot of color photographs in the book to illustrate it, which drove the price up. It is set up like one would see a Flight Safety manual setup. A chapter for each system, with the limitations for each system and the emergency procedures for each system.

Because of the market that I aiming for, I discussed not just the R22 systems but also variations of that system one could see in other helicopters. After all their pilot certificate reads/will read Rotorcraft-Helicopter, not Rotorcraft-R22.

Besides there will also be an ebook version shortly. I do not which format yet, but probably either be Kindle or Adobe Digital Editions.

Edited by rick1128

Beyond the R22 or specific aircraft, -system components, their purpose, functions, protections, weaknesses & over rides, etc. can be learned, understood and correlated in future airframes.

Could this correlate to a better pre or post flight, comprehension of suggested operating limitations and industry best practices?

So much to learn beyond just the R22.

Mike

I was blessed enough to pretty much bypass the R22 for the most part.

Funny, having flown a few other models, I feel blessed to not only have used one to become a pilot, but to still fly one as a casual renter. Its an awesome little machine!...but to each his own.

That being said, I feel like I got a pretty good handle on R-22 systems from the trips I've made to the RHC Safety Course, so I'll pass on the book.

:)

I make those comments somewhat tongue in cheek. I used the R22 for my CFI and my Instrument add-on for a total of about 30hrs. I have about 6-7hrs in an R44. I don't mind them. If I was hanging out and a guy said "Hey... wanna go with me to KXYZ?" Sure Id go. I started in the 300C, and then finished the bulk of my time building and training in the MD500E. Everytime I get in one, I just sigh and say "just get through it." But they are fun, and when I was doing my training in one, I was shown they are more capable than I thought they were. Now that i fly a UH1 and an OH58, I can see the similarities. More with the R44, than the 22. But to me, the 44 feels just like a jet ranger.