Tampa Bay VR FT Forum 468Helicopter AcademyFRASCA FT468
Photo
- - - - -

Starting a New Career (GI Bill), Potential Costs? Advice?

flight training Leading Edge Aviation Upper Limit Aviation Degree Programs

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 kona4breakfast

kona4breakfast

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 17:03

Good thing you already got your divorce out of the way

I told my mom I wanted to be a pilot when I grew up.  She told me I couldn't do both.

#22 ATG-47

ATG-47

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:07

Gonna piggy-back on your topic here to provide you with something that literally just happened to me yesterday:

Also a Veteran here..I was accepted to Guidance Aviation at BRCC and set to start flight school in January using the GI Bill. Just found out that the VA will no longer be covering private licenses. That's gonna have to be paid out of pocket, a cool $25k, and that I will not receive GI Bill benefits while getting my private license. 

How are y'all getting your private licenses without drowning in debt afterwards? 

#23 ftgokie

ftgokie

PVT Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, camping, hunting, ATV, playing the drums, go kart racing
  • Company working for:Dept of Veterans Affairs

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:14

I have been working with the VA in education for 8yrs....Dodge City Community College is one of the main schools I see people getting training in...its a public institution and therefore no Tuition and Fees cap.....I seen 1 semester paid out 2 weeks ago of $89,000.00 for helicopter instructor I believe.

Front Range in Loveland is also approved.

http://inquiry.vba.v...dViewProgram.do

follow this link and select flight in the program type field and then click on the state you want to go to school in and it will tell you the approved flights schools in that state...

http://inquiry.vba.v...hfJ!-1531379871

remember, do your research on the flight training.   I don't want any of you to get stuck with huge expenses that the VA will not cover. 

I honestly don't deal with flight a whole bunch, I maybe get 1-2 flight calls a week out of about 600 calls....so all I ask is do your research.   I will be more than happy to help, if I don't know the answer, I will find out

#24 MountainFlyGirl

MountainFlyGirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 21:51

Hello John,

I also recommend Leading Edge Aviation in Bend, OR. The program is top notch! I am a veteran and graduate of the program. Having trained at other schools prior to finding LEA I can tell you that the training is above and beyond.

Best of luck and please feel free to message me with any questions.

• OR-Flyer likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flight training, Leading Edge Aviation, Upper Limit Aviation, Degree Programs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

UNDVRFTForum200Precision_FTForum200GuidanceVRFTForum200Anthelion_VRFTForum200JerryTrimbleVOLO_VRFT200BLR FT 200LakeSuperior200FlightTraining702HeliVRFT200