Selection today

There is no "best" duty station for progression, your units timeline and command climate will determine how much you're gonna fly.

You may possibly make PC in Korea in a year depending on how good you are and your command and stands section.

Even if you do make PC in Korea, your going to do so with minimal hours maby 250-300 you can expect when you PCS to another unit to not be a PC for a couple of months to a year.

Obviously there's going to be exception to this and I'm sure you can expect people to come in here and give you "my buddy" stories. Truth is it's all about timing, location doesn't have a whole lot to do with it.

• Like 2

Korea seemingly has no flight hour restrictions. We fly our ASS off here. Making PC, especially as a 60 guy, will come quickly. If you CSP and AIP, you will track after your second year, and spend a year tracked. Many other guys going to CONUS units will still be PIs.

• Like 1

Trying to pick a duty station based upon how fast you will progress is ill advised. That's impossible to know, not to mention that much of your progression depends on you.

So, what were the results and stats of today's selection?

• Like 2

Sure, I have heard that too. I also do not give a f*ck. We fly a ton here. More than CONUS. Period.

Korea PCs aren't excepted as PCs CONUS because you aren't required to know the NAS. The same goes for guys who make PC down range. When you mske PC flying in a bubble it's very different then when you get back to NAS.

They are REAL PCs but I don't really care about how many hours someone has, I care about thier knowledge, descion making and maturity. Hours means jack.

Can someone explain to me why there is very few if any 47 slots available? I remember reading somwhere that they are the most undermaned airframe.... Or I could be completely wrong?

There's a couple of reasons. First, there's not a whole lot of them comparably speaking. There's a lot more 60s and 47s.

2nd They are transitioning a lot of 58 pilots to 47s.

3rd they aren't really that under manned.

If you want to be a 47 guy your chances are better just assessing for the 160th lots of 47s here.

• Like 2

4th: Our schoolhouse is inadequate to produce enough pilots to keep up with attrition. The Stopgap was the NETT for the F model, but that is complete for the active duty. AQT is going to plug some holes with 58D guys.

• Like 2

Just had our selection brief today and there are several new duty stations for 60Ms. They are: Ft Polk, Ft Irwin, Yakima, Benning, and Rucker. We then went to a brief with the HRC lady who gives us our assignments and she told us these are going to become permanent duty stations (TDA). Some if not all of these are currently 72 units that will allbe going to 60M. It will be the medevac mission. The benefit to it is that since in essence they are brand new, you will not be competing with anyone for progression and will progress immediately. The flight time will be there. It is part of the Aviation Restructuring Initiative. I am curious as to your thoughts (current Army Aviators). I am considering Yakima in addition to two "normal" duty stations (JBLM and Hawaii). Currently Campbell, Germany, and Honduras are all not available (for 60Ms).

• Like 1

TDA out of flight school? I probably wouldnt do that, but who knows what the future will be. Come to Korea where the flight hours are free. Hahaha

I 2nd Scott on that. Whenever someone tells me about aviation restructuring and I'm going to get a ton of hours it instantly raises my bullshit flag.

TDA is cool but I'd be trying to go to a maneuver unit if I had to pick a duty station out of flight school.