Selection today

Is that the short term list available to those selecting in the next 90 - 120 days? There are a few bases missing based on what HRC is kicking out.

This is the list for our class' selection specifically. They update it for every class. Which bases are you referring to?

This is the list for our class' selection specifically. They update it for every class. Which bases are you referring to?

I noticed Campbell and Germany weren't on any lists.

In addition to those mentioned for 60s there is

Honduras

Egypt

Japan

These may be off limits to new pilots because they are UH60A/L assignments.

I noticed Campbell and Germany weren't on any lists.

In addition to those mentioned for 60s there is

Honduras

Egypt

Japan

These may be off limits to new pilots because they are UH60A/L assignments.

Campbell is because they're deploying at some point, Germany because 12th CAB is getting shut down, Honduras because the need is so low (I think she said something crazy like 1 pilot?), I've never seen Egypt on a selection list, and I don't know why Japan isn't on there.

• Like 1

I wasn't implying you left them out, just mentioning them as possible duty stations.

The Army is very bad at communicating and HRC is even worse. I wouldn't be suprised If someone you know gets sent to Campbell even though they are deploying soon.

Oh I know, I was just saying why those duty stations that are normally there weren't. There's a guy a couple classes ahead of mine whose wife is an O-3 at Campbell, and they still couldn't get him there. He's going to Korea for a year and they'll meet up at Campbell afterwards. I agree it's still possible though. Hell, it's the Army.

Depends, unaccompanied soldiers are not guaranteed off base housing and the on base barracks do not allow pets. Accompanied can have pets but they are not reimbursed for the expense of transporting the pet.

A couple yrs ago accompanied werent guaranteed off-post. They were pushing Hanaam Villiage because it wasnt filled (Which was real crappy for people who would have to drive/bus to k16). i def wouldnt bring a pet unaccompanied/single.

Its not terribly expensive to ship your pet ... few hundred bucks. just make sure u have ur paperwork straight for customs so they don't quarantine them.

Out of curiosity, when did the CH-47 go?

Almost went #2, but he gave it up for his stick buddy who used to crew 47s. In a twist of fate the #4 or 5 guy took it, who wasn't the aforementioned stick buddy.

• Like 1

Just an honest question, what is so alluring about the 47 besides all the power? I have flown in tandem rotors before and currently crew Hueys. the tandems are smooth but just seem boring for lack of better terms. I mean absolutely no disrespect and quite frankly I believe it must be something I am ignorant to because it seems too often people ask about them....hmm...

Eh, nvm. You either want it or you dont. I love the f*cking thing.

Plus our community is tiny, and we are currently undermanned. Much different from the 60 community.

Edited by akscott60
  • Like 1