Selection today

The whole OML is kinda weird that way. You are competing for your selection however you dont ever know where you actually rank and there is a chance they might not even have the aircraft you want.

It’s not hard to keep track of your scores throughout primary and know what your overall score should be and who in your class could possibly rank higher. Going into the selection PT test I knew I could do a 180 and still rank 3rd and that the guys below me could get a 300 and not move past me in the OML.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its not hard to keep track of your scores throughout primary and know what your overall score should be and who in your class could possibly rank higher. Going into the selection PT test I knew I could do a 180 and still rank 3rd and that the guys below me could get a 300 and not move past me in the OML.

You kept track of everyones scores in your section and the other section?

You kept track of everyones scores in your section and the other section?

You don't have to keep an actual tracker. Most people will be open about what they got. You'll talk as a class and, for three most part, everyone will have a general idea of where they stand.

When you get your class ranking prior to selection the usually isn't any big surprises.

Its not hard at all to keep track of how your peers are doing throughout the course. If they are active they are probably just as curious about your performance as you are about theirs. Once my class finished the pt test and we got our final grades we all posted our GPA on a group chat to see how it stacked up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Already planning to be the worst in your class?

Expecting that the other people in the class will be pushing at least as hard as me. Prepare for the worst, strive for the best. I'll let you know how well that worked for me after IERW.

Also, not a fast runner, so unless the rumors of them pushing the ACFT as the test of record are true, I'll be relying on academics and a sub-280 PT test for my place in the OML.

For someone who does not know how the OML works, what goes into deciding your ranking on it? I assume PT and academics are a big portion of it?

You should be able to get a breakdown from B Co at some point. It used to be every academic test and flight evaluation from WOBC on as well as your WOBC and selection PT tests.