Selection today

Not really. They took all the funding away from upgrading 47s, so it makes sense that no one wants that platform anymore.

I highly doubt thats the reason. Id bet more on people just wanting to fly a different platform.

• Like 1

I have seen handful of recent posts shunning Army fixed wing. I thought the same thing coming in, gung ho for helos, but I can tell you a year out of flight school that the FW life is rewarding in all aspects from the culture to breadth of knowledge. Extending an invitation to anyone who has questions/wants to dm me/find out more about fw life

• Like 3

I have seen handful of recent posts shunning Army fixed wing. I thought the same thing coming in, gung ho for helos, but I can tell you a year out of flight school that the FW life is rewarding in all aspects from the culture to breadth of knowledge. Extending an invitation to anyone who has questions/wants to dm me/find out more about fw life

MI or VIP? I'm just finishing up the CAE course.

How does it balance with family life ?

• 3 weeks later...

My only question is who do I have to get intimate with to get a FW slot?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone I talk to keeps saying that the 60s are at ~150% strength, its interesting that there are still so many slots available for them and not many for the other airframes.

If the 60 community was at ~150% strength, Ive been told that 60s are in bad need of Warrants under CW3. Thats why there have been so many slots lately in all the selections. To be honest, I really havent heard that any of the rotary wing communities are anywhere near 100% but of the three 60s would be the closest to full strength. The army is still needing pilots badly and cant keep them from getting out.

(Just throwing this out there, Im not trying to be argumentative or anything, I'm just stating what Ive been told/heard here at Rucker.)

If the 60 community was at ~150% strength, Ive been told that 60s are in bad need of Warrants under CW3. Thats why there have been so many slots lately in all the selections. To be honest, I really havent heard that any of the rotary wing communities are anywhere near 100% but of the three 60s would be the closest to full strength. The army is still needing pilots badly and cant keep them from getting out.

(Just throwing this out there, Im not trying to be argumentative or anything, I'm just stating what Ive been told/heard here at Rucker.)

This is true. UQRs have been through the roof for a while. Between quality of life and the airlines figuring out they can transition helo pilots, its been an exodus.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo has anyone else heard that there arent any more aircraft selection ceremonies? The new CG has changed everything.

Yes there will still be the ceremonies. He has just implemented some changes that are supposed to begin with the next selection next week. Those changes are, the aircrafts will already be assigned before the ceremony begins. They will still be assigned by OML according to your order of preference that you list in ARTS. Then at the ceremony the #1 LT and Warrant of the class will be called first to announce what they are getting and then the rest of the class will be called in alphabetical order. They will be telling you where youre at on the OML instead of finding out by the order in which you are called.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week's selection for the warrants, in order of OML.

1- UH60M

2- C12

3- AH64E

4- UH60M

5- UH60M

6- CH47F

7- CH47F

8- CH47F

9- AH64E

10- CH47F

11- CH47F

12- AH64E

13- AH64D

14- AH64E

15- AH64E

16- AH64E

17- AH64E

18- AH64E

19- AH64D

If it is like this when I go through I will be the happiest man alive that 64E is looking good.

• 1 month later...

Last Thursday was my classs selection, a TH-67 class, the numbers below are for the Active Duty:

WOs:

11x AH64E

LTs:

1x AH64E

3x CH47F

16x UH60M

(The numbers maybe a little off for the LTs in regards to the 47s and 60s, but thats pretty close)

Yes, you are reading that correctly, all the active duty Warrants from this class got guns!!! Only Guard/Reserve Warrants got anything else.

Last Thursday was my classs selection, a TH-67 class, the numbers below are for the Active Duty:

WOs:

11x AH64E

LTs:

1x AH64E

3x CH47F

16x UH60M

(The numbers maybe a little off for the LTs in regards to the 47s and 60s, but thats pretty close)

Yes, you are reading that correctly, all the active duty Warrants from this class got guns!!! Only Guard/Reserve Warrants got anything else.

Holy balls. And i thought my selection was apache heavy.

Did all the Warrants want the Apache or were some left without options? I am leaning towards the CH47.

If that’s all there was then that was the only option. You can lean towards whatever you want but if there are no slots at your selection or you’re not high enough on the OML you’ll get whatever’s left.