#1641 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Company working for:US Army

Posted 09 November 2018 - 14:58

Sounds like you are in 18-18 then, I'm 18-19. Just made it through BTN.
  • Tanner37 likes this

#1642 Tanner37

Tanner37

ATP Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, Animal Medicine

Posted 09 November 2018 - 15:06

Sounds like you are in 18-18 then, I'm 18-19. Just made it through BTN.

Yeah I just saw some of you guys out at shell. Majority of us are moving to nights next week

#1643 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 15:07

Yeah I just saw some of you guys out at shell. Majority of us are moving to nights next week

I was definitely in that group :P Lack of coordination had us show up to find out we dont start there till Tuesday.

#1644 daabears

daabears

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 17:32

WO
60M x15
47F x6
64E x7
C12 x4

CO
60M x3
47F x2
64E x1
C12 x1

#1645 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 17:34

Was just about to post that! Looks like a nice spread for the Warrants.
  • adriel0491 likes this

#1646 WApp

WApp

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 19:05

I don't want to steer this thread too far away from the selection dumps, but are you aloud to trade with another student that selected the same time as you? Like say, if it was like an hour after selection or something?

Also, are you shown the results available for selection and then given some time to think about your best option/choice (if you get one) or do they unveil the choices and then immediately start the selection process?

#1647 daabears

daabears

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 20:01

You cannot swap picks with anyone after you make your selection. Otherwise, there would be a lot of sketchy moves people could make by either threatening or bribing someone with a higher OML to select the airframe you want for you.
And no, you dont have any time to think it over. Youve had 22 weeks of common core to figure out what you want. Once your name is called, you go to the front of the room and make your pick and then its finalized.

#1648 cwil7280

cwil7280

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:54

I have heard rumors of people offering money to other students above them on OML to NOT select a specific aircraft, so that they can have it. It would be hard to do though since OML isn't available to the students until selection day so you are never really sure how many people are above you. 

"If you're not first, you're last." - Ricky Bobby

#1649 WApp

WApp

COM Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:45

Thanks. Yeah I get the reason behind that and I understand the "22 weeks to think about it". Was just curious what happens when you think for 22 weeks you'll pick an airframe that isn't available to you because someone else picks, or there isn't any slots for that airframe. I guess there is only 4 types so you gotta have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th pick lol.

#1650 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 00:55

Thanks. Yeah I get the reason behind that and I understand the "22 weeks to think about it". Was just curious what happens when you think for 22 weeks you'll pick an airframe that isn't available to you because someone else picks, or there isn't any slots for that airframe. I guess there is only 4 types so you gotta have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th pick lol.

Thats why my class has been joking the entire time that we are all going to be Apache pilots. Just as a reminder that we might not get what we want. But in the end its still good flying.

The whole OML is kinda weird that way. You are competing for your selection however you dont ever know where you actually rank and there is a chance they might not even have the aircraft you want. Although the ladies over at G3 do take what folks want as there number 1 and try to provide as many as they can.

#1651 Thedude

Thedude

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:02

The whole OML is kinda weird that way. You are competing for your selection however you dont ever know where you actually rank and there is a chance they might not even have the aircraft you want.

It’s not hard to keep track of your scores throughout primary and know what your overall score should be and who in your class could possibly rank higher. Going into the selection PT test I knew I could do a 180 and still rank 3rd and that the guys below me could get a 300 and not move past me in the OML.
  • Dmurray likes this

#1652 ElJay

ElJay

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 20:44

Todays 72 selection.

Attached Files

• Dmurray and rlfoster83 like this

#1653 amp

amp

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 17:28

Its not hard to keep track of your scores throughout primary and know what your overall score should be and who in your class could possibly rank higher. Going into the selection PT test I knew I could do a 180 and still rank 3rd and that the guys below me could get a 300 and not move past me in the OML.

You kept track of everyones scores in your section and the other section?

#1654 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Boards, Slow Subarus
  • Company working for:United States Army, 64E

Posted 14 December 2018 - 20:16

You kept track of everyones scores in your section and the other section?

You don't have to keep an actual tracker. Most people will be open about what they got. You'll talk as a class and, for three most part, everyone will have a general idea of where they stand.

When you get your class ranking prior to selection the usually isn't any big surprises.

#1655 mdeneso

mdeneso

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 21:45

Its not hard at all to keep track of how your peers are doing throughout the course. If they are active they are probably just as curious about your performance as you are about theirs. Once my class finished the pt test and we got our final grades we all posted our GPA on a group chat to see how it stacked up.
  • Dmurray likes this

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)

Spectrum_VRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200BE_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200NFCVRForum200Home