20 replies to this topic

#21 dondlhmn

dondlhmn

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Wine, women and song.
  • Company working for:R-E-T-I-R-E-D!!!!!

Posted 03 October 2015 - 15:10

One thing to keep in mind is that the requirements, standards and demands of flight school AND the military can change quite rapidly and this fact means that what was true a while back may NOT even be close right now.

That being said, USE YOUR IMAGINATION when it comes to meeting an active Army pilot....talk to them at airshows, maybe a guard unit.....wherever you can. BUT the thing is to DO IT and not expect them to come looking for you. Also, as individuals do vary in what they like and/or have been through, a good, positive CAN DO attitude can never hurt. And, yeah...telling anyone even remotely related to your selection process that "I just want to fly!!" is not a do-all catch-all and the BIG thing they want to hear, but you DO have to want to fly and to put in a good effort to get there....and if the person you are talking to can perceive that you WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES.....it can NOT hurt!! When I was on active duty (both fixed win and rotary wing pilot), I flew with some folks that only wanted to fly "because it is cool" or for some other equally LAME reason and those types were usually very weak pilots (technique, skills and/or attitude) if they were not just plain old laughing stock among their associates.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WOFT, applicant, lor, letter or recommendation, helicopter, packet

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

MaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200Genesys VR Forum 200HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200BLR 200Guidance Home 200LakeSuperior200FreeFlight_Home200