The oldest you've heard going through WOFT??

TriViper, you need to build the strongest packet that you can, put a large emphasis on your LORs and networking. There's a lot of people over the years that have received age waivers. The guard traditionally is easier to get into because they sponsor their own waivers. Your timing for waiver application is not the best. But, don't get discouraged by it, you can still get picked up. How old are you?

TriViper, you need to build the strongest packet that you can, put a large emphasis on your LORs and networking. There's a lot of people over the years that have received age waivers. The guard traditionally is easier to get into because they sponsor their own waivers. Your timing for waiver application is not the best. But, don't get discouraged by it, you can still get picked up. How old are you?

Joe - I'm 33 yrs, 6 months old, non-prior service. My packet for AD is complete. I have very strong letters, 4 yr. degree, strong AFQT/GT, and some flight time. No moral issues. My SIFT and college GPA weren't all that great though, I must say.

I tried AD WOFT, but couldn't get an age waiver, so I'm considering enlisting in a Guard unit that has helicopters if I have a semi-decent chance of getting an age waiver (providing I do well in my unit, etc).

If you have anymore insight I'd appreciate it.

Joe - I'm 33 yrs, 6 months old, non-prior service. My packet for AD is complete. I have very strong letters, 4 yr. degree, strong AFQT/GT, and some flight time. No moral issues. My SIFT and college GPA weren't all that great though, I must say.

I tried AD WOFT, but couldn't get an age waiver, so I'm considering enlisting in a Guard unit that has helicopters if I have a semi-decent chance of getting an age waiver (providing I do well in my unit, etc).

You don't have to be in an aviation unit to apply through the guard. So pick an MOS that you would be happy with in the event that you do not get selected. What state are you in?

• Like 1

You don't have to be in an aviation unit to apply through the guard. So pick an MOS that you would be happy with in the event that you do not get selected. What state are you in?

I'm in North Carolina. But I also have family in Texas, so really either or could work. If I have to travel the weekend/mo and summers, I'm willing to do that.

Nice. What aircraft do they have? I read an article about the Reg. Army taking a bunch of the Guard's Apaches, but not sure if/when that'll take effect.

Honestly don't know Id imagine everything just depends on what part of the state. I'm in PA. Joe actually posted a very good article on here earlier today from Army times about the Apache ordeal.

No, guard age waivers go through the state I believe because it's up to the state of they want you or not. Not 100 percent sure though. Be careful though, my state has a different age limit than active duty at which a waiver is required. Two years younger for us.

You're really going to have to be persistent to get in. Some of the most successful warrants I know W4 / W5 had to submit their packet 3 plus times before they were selected. I realize your waiver was rejected from the 2015 board thread. Keep networking if it requires you to go interview with CW5s do it! You're not gonna get your waiver accepted by doing the same thing you did last time, times are tough and the Army can afford to be picky right now. You need to show the Army how they will get a return on their investment.

Which brings me to my next point, what do you have to offer Army Aviation? I mean think about it. I get everyone wants to be a helicopter pilot but what will you bring to the table? Are you gonna stay until 20 then pop smoke? Or are you gonna stay until your a crusty 5 and influence change in the community?

This isn't directed towards you TRI. I just see a general level of selfishness among a percentage of the candidates. They have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than thier stats but everyone expects info on flight school, wobc and where to get LORs.

• Like 2

You're really going to have to be persistent to get in. Some of the most successful warrants I know W4 / W5 had to submit their packet 3 plus times before they were selected. I realize your waiver was rejected from the 2015 board thread. Keep networking if it requires you to go interview with CW5s do it! You're not gonna get your waiver accepted by doing the same thing you did last time, times are tough and the Army can afford to be picky right now. You need to show the Army how they will get a return on their investment.

Which brings me to my next point, what do you have to offer Army Aviation? I mean think about it. I get everyone wants to be a helicopter pilot but what will you bring to the table? Are you gonna stay until 20 then pop smoke? Or are you gonna stay until your a crusty 5 and influence change in the community?

This isn't directed towards you TRI. I just see a general level of selfishness among a percentage of the candidates. They have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than thier stats but everyone expects info on flight school, wobc and where to get LORs.

I'm not concerned with persistence -- that's never been an issue for me. I think every applicant does what he/she can to separate from the pack. It's human nature at a time when competition has ramped up. I can't say my "stats" are stellar, but I'm not going to be that guy who exercises poor judgment either. I'd think personal qualities, like maturity and trust go a long way, especially when you're taking control of a $20 mill+ aircraft with the safety of others at stake.