Trouble finding WO's for a letter of recommendation

I am starting the process of applying to WOFT, and like many other people out there without connections to the military, I have had trouble finding WO's in my area.

I was hoping someone could help me get into touch with any WO's around the Tallahassee, FL area, or if someone could direct me to a better site/thread to ask this question.

Thanks!

(I apologize if this question is not posted in the right forum/thread)

here is a previous post with the answers you are looking for

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/topic/18666-lor-from-cwo-for-civilian-woft-applicants/

I highly suggest looking through other threads before posting questions like this. There are already several threads with tips on how to go about letters of recommendations. Asking the entire forum for help in this manner puts off the impression you are not willing to put in the work to go out and find it yourself

If you are in Tallahasse, you are only a couple of hours from Fort Rucker; the home of Army Aviation. If you hang out at the Tallahassee airport you're bound to run into a warrant or 2. A lot of people liked to go there for instruments in the 60. Hell, I know there are at least a couple of IPs that browse and post on these forums. Read the forums a bit, you'll find out who they are. Good luck!

As others have said this is not the best way to seek LOR's. How much like Celica said you're really close to Rucker, not extremely far from Hunter Army Air Field (one of the homes of SOAR), also go around to all of your small local (farm-like) airports. You never know who you'll bump into. CWO's don't wear uniforms and name tapes 24/7.

If all else fails and you find yourself not very creative or resourceful...you can contact your local recruiter whom you'll have to work with anyway, and he should be able to get at least one contact number of an aviator within a hundred miles.

Once you have that number, that guy will be able to recommend a WO nearer to you, etc. They certainly aren't going to reach out to you.

Mike-

• Like 1