3 replies to this topic

#1 VersaTOL

VersaTOL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:32

Hi all,

My name is Lawrence. I am with a company called VersaTOL (versatol.com) that manufacturers small unmanned helicopter systems. I am performing a market study with the goal of identifying high-value use cases for our product line. By high value I mean use cases where a small unmanned helicopter can perform an important role traditionally performed by a manned helicopter at a fraction of the cost, perform a job that needs to be done but manned helicopters cant perform and/or where the potential to save lives of pilot and crew is high.

Some product documentation can be found here

Would anyone be interested in taking a look and participating in a discussion of this nature?

#2 helonorth

helonorth

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:43

NO

• Lindsey likes this

#3 eagle5

eagle5

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 22:43

Did the pin setter want to talk with the machine that took his job?

#4 achfly

achfly

ATP Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, photography, my heathens... you know, The good stuff.
  • Company working for:USG

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:40

For the tethered overwatch role you don't have nearly the capability of the products you're trying to replace. (towers and blimps)  A ten pound payload isn't going to be enough.

For your bigger heli I think the FireScout has already paved the way there for you but you'll have to over come the same problems that they did.  For that I hope you have deep pockets. 

Don't worry. It's just me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uas, uav, drone, helicopter, unmanned

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

NFCVRForum200HomeGenesys VR Forum 200Spectrum_VRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200AMTC 2018BE_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200