• 3 months later...

Does this timebuilding end up with a job like ours? Did you think of maybe buying an advertisement like we do? WWW.HelicopterAcademy.com, www.R22.us. If you have a cfi our program is simple in that you pay for 100 hours of training on our photo contract and then we put you in a job on our photo contract with us until you get a better job. We can hit 100 hours per month. If you have a pplh, cplh or cfih we charge $250/hour. Am I correct that you need two people paying $195 each or $390/hour and this doesn't lead to a job? Tom, 561-346-2816, BOATPIX

My questions were relevant about true cost for the timebuilding in his helicopter (double what he listed) and whether this leads to a job which I believe it does not. He does not advertise. He is therefore advertising in the forum on the other advertisers dime.

Maybe he needs some time burned off of his ship for overhaul. Maybe it's an opportunity for some low time pilot to build some hours to meet Robinson SFAR requirements.

Not all time building opportunities are suppose to end with a job.....

Just my .02

Okay, I agree with what you write but what he writes is a not consistent with your example of a guy trying to help with SFAR 73 or burn time of a ship. He lists a couple of websites, one with his name at the business website (not a free hotmail or yahoo type account), clear business intent and his loss leader pricing of a cheap price and then you need to find another pilot seems fishy. I've advertised for a long time and if someone is going to put a shingle out to run a business they should advertise, don't you think? This forum has had many newbies advertise below cost prices and they then dry up. Not fair to those that pay money and support the site. By calling them out I also call attention to my advertising. Clever, huh?