I don't think you will find a flight school anywhere in the US that will let you do full downs in a 206.

Crap...you can scrape an R22 on the pavement but not a 206? Maybe you can convince Western to buy a 206......

Let’s be real…….. Full downs in a 206 is cake…. with frosting on top…… Specifically, what’s the FEAR?

Pig dude, just do them in your own machine… If anything, find a guy who can guarantee no one will F-the-machine-up. Again, money talks and it should be sold as the price of doing business…….

Our insurance wont allow it. Im not to worried about the full downs. More just checking to see whats out there. All though there are hoards of instructors who will gladly come charge you to come train in your helicopter. All 4 pilots are instructors, and at 4100hrs TT, Im the junior guy. So we will manage.

Although I still cant get anyone to tell me how to get my NVG IP endorsement without going to some R44 school that will charge a few thousand dollars.

We have the same problem…. That is, we can’t do EP’s in our own machines. It’s a LE thing. Specifically, I simply walk across the airport and accomplish my annual EP training requirement at my part-time job which utilizes their own helicopters but for my full-time job, it’s seen as too risky… Typical LE liability paranoia. Thankfully, they compensate by sending me to the factory and then to HIS for night EP’s….. EP’s performed every 6 months including IIMC sim training. With that, I can’t claim they aren’t sacrificing the training due to the cost. Or better said, I can’t claim deliberate indifference if something bad happens…. Hint-hint….

Edited by Spike

Robert,

Contact, "Karl Cotton" <kcotton@flybend.com>; DPE and NVG instructor for Night Flight Concepts.

He is currently in Oregon but may be able to help you in Florida in your airframes.

I spent an hour or so at Heli Expo talking with him about NVG and other industry concerns.

Mike

Mike,

Will do. Thanks. I'm not getting why the FAA is making this NVG issue such an....... Issue. The FAA sent a hoard of inspectors to get all their NVG training for the purposes of doing these rides but did not flow through with keeping them current so they all lapsed. Now they are deferring to DPEs. Well, as we know, there aren't a whole lot of DPEs around who regularly fly on NVGs. So far I can only find one person in FL. And that was with the assistance of the Orlando and Tampa FSDO's helping me search.

• 2 weeks later...

A company I contract for has the guys from a company called Helicopter Safety Training come out and do full downs in one of their 206s. The guys that run/own HST are old bell test pilots. Learned a lot from those guys the last two years.

I can get you the info if you like

Edited by Rotorhead84

The HST guys bring their own helicopter? Or they use the customers aircraft? Thats my deal... we cant do full downs in ours. Insurance restriction.

HST uses company aircraft. You can ask them though.

http://www.choppersafety.com/

I noticed it says on their website that they have approvals from several insurance companies to do the training they offer in customer aircraft.

Edited by Rotorhead84