July 2015 Board

Didn't see an "official" one, just a post of someone asking, thought I'd start one.

To anyone lurking, here for general information, my advice is there is no better time than now to submit, as in, the one 100% No is not submitting.

I took the SIFT on Mar 11 and finished my entire packet today, Apr 8, its not that hard. Looking forward to making the Army a career.

GT: 126

SIFT: 69

APFT: 254

Civilian Education: B.A. in Political Science

Military Education: (Nothing to rave about here) Combatives level 1, Airborne School, Combat Life Savers Course

Flight Physical: Complete and stamped

Flight Experience: 56 hours in a fixed wing, with a private pilot certificate, 10 of those hours being IFR training.

LOR's: CW4, O5 Battalion Commander, O3 Company Commander, O3 Direct Supervisor, O5(RET) Former Navy Squadron Commander and my instructor pilot, O3 (NAVY)

Military Experience: 2.75 TIS All as a SPC

Waiver: None

I'm hoping I'm competitive enough, I realize I may not be up there in rank as an NCO, nor my PT score, but hopefully the schooling and flying experience will show how serious I am.

Being an nco has nothing to do with it, yea NCOER's might be able to validate your leadership ability but everything else in your packet is pretty strong, and LOR's can help just as much as an NCOER, I had my doubts because I only had a 50 on the sift and only a high school diploma but I know other aspects of my packet were pretty strong and I ended up being selected in the January 2015 board, only advice I have for your packet is build in pt which I'm pretty sure you already know, good luck though, don't doubt your packet, be confident in what you bring to the table

Got a 254 on the pt test :/ . I actually officially submitted my packet today and what was even more depressing than the PT score was literally every scanner I went to on base would scan it ever so slightly crooked. I had to email it to them this week, since I am leaving next week for a few weeks.

Anybody know if I could email/call them and explain I'd really like to submit a cleaner copy even if I have to pay for it from a fedex store or something.

Hoping to be on this board as well. I still have some work to do on my packet but I am confident that it will be completed in time. Good luck to everyone! Fingers crossed

GT: 124

SIFT: 62

APFT: No official PT on record, last one was a 295

Civilian Education: Working on an AAS in Aviation Technology

Military Education: ​WLC, Air Assault, Combat Life Saver

Flight Physical: waiting

Flight Experience: around 10 hours Fixed Wing, 6.5 hours Rotary (ongoing flight training)

LOR's: Still working on these but have several prospects

Military Experience: 9 years TIS between AD & NG, 4 deployments, E-6

Civilian Experience: Protective Security contractor for the US Department of State for 3 years in Iraq

SO! My Guard unit is dragging ass renewing my conditional release to active duty, meaning I probably won't be on the board for May. So here we go again.

GT: 125

SIFT: 59

APFT; 300

Civilian Education: One year shy of my BS in political science

Military education: Most ironic statement in the world, next to military intelligence

Flight Physical: Complete, no waiver

Flight Experience: ~25 hours in Pipers 10 years ago

LOR: Troop CO, Squadron CO, CW4 UH-60/AH-64/AH-1 MTP

Military Experience: 5 years active, 2.5 years guard as a 19D

Civilian experience: I lifeguarded 8 years ago, should help me in the dunker... right guys?

I haven't posted on this forum yet but I am also applying for the WOFT board in July. This is my first go at it and I am hoping to be competitive as well. Good luck to everyone as well. I look forward to talking with you all.

My Stats:

GT: 118

SIFT: 64

APFT: 244 (not strong at running but still working on it)

Civilian Education: BA in Political Science, Masters Degree in process (currently taking first class)

Military Education: WLC, All HAZMAT Certifications

Flight Physical: Complete, no waiver

Flight Experience: only 1 hour fixed wing discovery flight (definitely nothing to brag about but I did love it)

LOR: CO, BC, and will be speaking with a CW5 Standarization Instructor Pilot about LOR in a few days

Military Experience: 4.5 years reserves, .5 years AGR

Civilian Experience: High School Government and Economics Teacher and School to Work Coordinator for 5 years

Hello everyone, long time listener first time caller here... What happens to a packet that is NS-NC? Is there a record of it kept for he board members to compare? Do they have access on the board to previous packets when you are Re-applying?

I ask because I intend on submitting again, for the July board. Here are my current numbers:

GT: 112

SIFT: 57

APFT: 266 (run kills me, working on it.)

Education: 57 credits toward BS in Business Admin, a lot of those creds were JST transfers though.

Military Ed: CLS, WLC, ALC, Air Assault, Recruiters course.

NCOERS: first few years as an NCO I was young and made mistakes, couple 2/2's and 1/2's. The last 2 have been 1/1's.

LOR: CO, BCO, CW5 standardization pilot with 101st.

TIS: 9 yrs, SSG TIG 2 years.

Military experience: 2 tours to Iraq, 1 tour as a squad leader.

Well, everything in my packet seems to be coming together at just the right time. Hopefully, everything will be lined up for the September board.

My stats are as follows:

GT: 134

SIFT: 80

APFT: 263

Civilian Education: AAS in Munitions Systems Technology, 92 credits towards BS in Military Studies (2.82 GPA)

Military Education: Munitions Systems tech school, Nuclear Weapons tech school, Airman Leadership School, NCO Academy, Defense Nuclear Weapons School

Flight Physical: Approved/Stamped

Flight Experience: None

LORs: O-5 Battalion-level Commander, O-3 Company-level Commander, CW4 fixed-wing pilot (in-work/reviewing my packet)

Military Experience: Active Air Force E-6, 10 years TIS, 3 years TIG, one tour in Afghanistan

Just waiting on some good news from AFPC...

• Like 1

GT:

SIFT:

APFT: 300

Civilian Education:

Military Education: SERE-C, Helicopter Dunk Trainer, P-3C Safety of Flight RADAR operator, Non-acoustic tactical operator onboard P-3C. DHS Homeland Security Levels 1,2

Flight Physical: Complete

Flight Experience: 450 hours onboard US NAVY P-3C Orion with over 120 combat hours.

LOR's: CW4 (Pilot), O5 Commanding Officer (Pilot), O5 Executive Officer (NFO), O4 Direct Supervisor.

Military Experience: 3 Years TIS, AWO2 (NAC/AW)

Waiver: Tattoo waiver for 6" deer located on right calf.

I have been flying for a few years now on a fixed wing platform in the military so I am hoping that makes me stand out despite my moderately low TIS. I am also looking to complete my SIFT here soon and as soon as I get to the Squadron again I will update my GT score.

Any thoughts on how this compares?

Thanks in advance!

Ladies and gents, it looks like we'll have a couple extra months to wait. This was just posted on the USAREC page:

"8 MAY 15 **Per the Aviation proponent and HQDA G-1**

153As have been removed from the Jul 15 WOSB and added to the Sep 15 WOSB."

Ladies and gents, it looks like we'll have a couple extra months to wait. This was just posted on the USAREC page:

"8 MAY 15 **Per the Aviation proponent and HQDA G-1**

153As have been removed from the Jul 15 WOSB and added to the Sep 15 WOSB."

Take this with a grain of salt. USAREC posts what is going on for active duty only. The November 2014 board posted that it cancelled 153A's but civilians were still looked at.

This may or may not affect civilian applicants. Last year the same thing happened in order to align class dates iirc. The civilian selectees just had thier dates delayed a little.

Take this with a grain of salt. USAREC posts what is going on for active duty only. The November 2014 board posted that it cancelled 153A's but civilians were still looked at.

Good info. Thanks! Maybe just a board push for us AD guys and gals then.

GT:

SIFT:

APFT: 300

Civilian Education:

Military Education: SERE-C, Helicopter Dunk Trainer, P-3C Safety of Flight RADAR operator, Non-acoustic tactical operator onboard P-3C. DHS Homeland Security Levels 1,2

Flight Physical: Complete

Flight Experience: 450 hours onboard US NAVY P-3C Orion with over 120 combat hours.

LOR's: CW4 (Pilot), O5 Commanding Officer (Pilot), O5 Executive Officer (NFO), O4 Direct Supervisor.

Military Experience: 3 Years TIS, AWO2 (NAC/AW)

Waiver: Tattoo waiver for 6" deer located on right calf.

I have been flying for a few years now on a fixed wing platform in the military so I am hoping that makes me stand out despite my moderately low TIS. I am also looking to complete my SIFT here soon and as soon as I get to the Squadron again I will update my GT score.

Any thoughts on how this compares?

Thanks in advance!

Age 20 with 3 years TIS?

Don't forget 17 with parental consent and someone can enlist. I graduated highschool at 17 1/2, could have joined up and had 3 years TIS by 20 1/2, so its not too much of a stretch. For him E-5 at 3 years is the more impressive part with the navy's advancement system. I did it but had a very open rate, and then had to make E-6 twice.... but thats another bitter story.

Hello all!

So, my scores are super low, but with the July Board being pushed back to September, I am hoping to improve...Army PT is foreign to me. Air Force for 8 years has made me soft.

DOR: Nov 2012

Years of Service: June 2007-Present

Education: 2x associates degrees, Criminal Justice and Emergency Management, 3.5 GPA

GT: 116

SIFT: 42

AFPT: 189

Waivers: None

Recommendations: HH60 CW5, F16 O-6 (Current commander, F16 O-10 (Former commander from 2013).

Military Schools: Security Forces Tech School, Command Post Tech School, Air Operations Center Qual Course, Command and Control Qual Course, Anti-Terrorism lvl 2, Airman Leadership School, Road Warrior, TRF Assault Course

Aviation Experience: None, but was part of an Air Assault unit for 3 years, have 188 hours logged as operational support crew aboard UH-1N Airframe, and have worked 3 years as an Airlift Control Team supervisor for the 612 Air Operationa Center.

Military Awards: 2x Air Force Commendation Medals (One under the Act of Courage criteria), 1x Air Force Achievement Medal

Deployment Experience: 1x tour at Bagram AF

As I said, my AFPT score is absolute crap. I am 5'10 and weigh 133 soaking wet, so it has always been rough for me. Need improvement on all aspects, luckily I have an Army Detatchment I can train with at my current assignment to hopefully get a higher score..

Hoping my recommendation letters make up for the low scores.

• Like 1

I missed May, so it looks like I'm boarding in September.

Here are my stats:

ASVAB: AFQT-95; GT-128

SIFT: 62

APFT: 294

Education: Associates Degree in General Studies

Flight Physical: Approved

Battalion Board: Recommendations acquired

Waivers: None

LORs: CW5 Brigade Standardization Pilot (AH-64), O-6 Brigade Commander at Ft. Rucker (UH-60), O-6 Army Aviator (AH-64), O-6 Army Aviator (AH-64), Retired GS-15 (Director of Air Operations for U.S. Borders & Customs)