Physical requirements

WarpPig

Flight School, particularly flying helicoptors, Always has been a dream of mine. I tried to go through WOFT but that didn't work, so now I'm in the Infantry planning a route to get me to the pilot's seat.
Here are my issues: I am 6'4, 180lbs. I realize it's a lot on the tall side and a little on the heavy side. Not too much of an issue I think, I've lived all my life in spaces built for smaller men.

Here's the hangup: 20/100 vision. I can get it corrected to 20/40 with LASIC or PRK while I'm in the Army, but that's what disqualified me from going Warrant Officer. Will I have the same issue in the private sector?

I don't think it will, but I don't wear glasses. I know those that do just have a restriction on their medical certificate requiring that glasses must be worn.

If your current vision is an issue, 20/40, I know for a fact, won't. Get the surgery while you can. It might even be enough to get you in through WOFT if you still want to go that route.

Flight School, particularly flying helicoptors, Always has been a dream of mine. I tried to go through WOFT but that didn't work, so now I'm in the Infantry planning a route to get me to the pilot's seat.

Here are my issues: I am 6'4, 180lbs. I realize it's a lot on the tall side and a little on the heavy side. Not too much of an issue I think, I've lived all my life in spaces built for smaller men.

Here's the hangup: 20/100 vision. I can get it corrected to 20/40 with LASIC or PRK while I'm in the Army, but that's what disqualified me from going Warrant Officer. Will I have the same issue in the private sector?

Height and weight not an issue.

Vision must be correctable to 20/20 in each eye separately, and near vision of 20/40, for a first class medical (required for the ATP pilot certificate).

Vision must be the same for the second class medical certificate, which covers all commercial flying. Those are corrected values, or in other words, your vision with glasses or after surgery, etc. Surgical correction is allowable under the regulation, but consult with an aviation medical examiner before you get it done.