How many have "Eagle Eye" before WOFT?

Had 20/10 when I applied at 27 and have 20/20 still into my early 40s. When I applied you had to have 20/20 uncorrected. No glasses and no surgery was allowed. You could wear glasses latter on after getting accepted though.

So yeah, I don't think it's too uncommon even today. Doesn't really matter though. It's not like Chuck Yeager WWII. All everyone has to do now is get the surgery and they all become eagle eyes.

Had 20/10 when I applied at 27 and have 20/20 still into my early 40s. When I applied you had to have 20/20 uncorrected. No glasses and no surgery was allowed. You could wear glasses latter on after getting accepted though.

So yeah, I don't think it's too uncommon even today. Doesn't really matter though. It's not like Chuck Yeager WWII. All everyone has to do now is get the surgery and they all become eagle eyes.

Everyone in my family, except me, wears glasses. A month shy of 27 and I'm still at 20/13. Thanks for giving me hope...

I've always been a little apprehensive about the day when I'll either have to get glasses or surgery. Something told me at my age -- early 30s-- it was right around the corner. But according to some of these posts, it may not be. In your 40s and still 20/20 .... Dang.

Everyone in my family, except me, wears glasses. A month shy of 27 and I'm still at 20/13. Thanks for giving me hope...

Yep, both parents have worn glasses since they were kids. My brother and I still 20/20 into our 40s. Can't last forever though. Presbyopia and other problems will start any time now requiring surgery or glasses in the future.

Edited by Velocity173

• 2 weeks later...

20/15 uncorrected as a 30 y/o

My WOCS/flight class was a bunch of old guys; had a former CPT, former 1SG, bunch of E7s, and even a 34 y/o who had flown 60s as an officer in another county's military :huh: he's a nightstalker now...

my mentor had LASIK, my roommate at Rucker did, but my other two best buddies were good uncorrected.

so 50/50 from here.