New AR 670-1 Regimental Affiliation question

I have a question I was wondering if I could get some confirmation on. When I was promoted after WOCS I had lost my Regimental Affiliation with my last unit I was stationed with as enlisted. I would like to get this back. According to multiple people I have talked to, and from reading the new AR 670-1 I am under the impression I do not have to get a new DA Form 4187 signed, I only have to prove I was assigned with the unit previously in order to wear the DUI. Am I correct thanking this? Thanks for any assistance.

AR 670-1 states:

"Authorization. Insignia used to represent regimental affiliation consists of either the RDI or DUI of a design approved by TIOH. A Soldier’s Regimental affiliation using an RDI is based on a Soldier’s branch/corps/special branch, as determined by PMOS or specialty. Soldiers may wear the RDI for their affiliated regiment or they may be approved to wear the DUI for a unit in which they are serving or previously served successfully. See DA Pam 670-1 for approval process to wear the DUI to demonstrate regimental affiliation."

DA Pam 670-1 states:

"Authorization. AR 670–1 authorizes insignia used to represent regimental affiliation to consist of either the RDI or DUI. A Soldier’s Regimental affiliation using an RDI is based on a Soldier’s branch/corps/special branch as

determined by PMOS or specialty. A Soldier’s Regimental affiliation using a DUI is based on a unit in which the Soldier is serving or previously successfully served. Soldiers may wear the RDI for their affiliated regiment or may wear the DUI for a unit in which they are serving or have previously successfully served based off their assignment history as indicated in their personnel record."

Guard question...

Wearing our DUI as an officer goes above the unit ribbons in place of the regimental pin being that we don't have shoulder lapels to pin them to?

Also, I've heard mixed emotions... Marksmanship badge as an officer, wear it or no...

Guard question...

Wearing our DUI as an officer goes above the unit ribbons in place of the regimental pin being that we don't have shoulder lapels to pin them to?

Also, I've heard mixed emotions... Marksmanship badge as an officer, wear it or no...

buzzkill is trying to mess with you, definitely don't wear your marksmanship badge.

Also yes, your DUI should be located 1/4" above your unit awards

Wear your marksmanship badge. How else will anyone know if you've qualified? Also, I just throw on whatever old DUI I have lying around. Usually I just swing by WOCS and pull one off of the trees if I don't have one handy. Had to climb awfully high to get my 5th Group DUI, but by gollly I got it.

• Like 2