Army Fixed Wing

Just put out to the SWOs today (folks at Rucker may already know); effective immediately, there will no longer be competitive selection boards for rated aviators to at for fixed wing training.

Fixed wing will now become its own track during aircraft selection and be populated by IERW graduates based on a selection OML like any other airframe.

Aviators who select fixed wing will spend their entire careers in that field and will be eligible to track specialties as is the case with R/W platforms (standards, safety, maintenance, etc)

I'm sure there's going to be speed bumps to be hashed out, but this is probably a good thing for the Army.

Mike-

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

With answers like that, you should be the chief-moderator of these forrums.

Clearly they have more than one fixed-wing aircraft. But I highly doubt they are using these pieces of sh*t. I am sure that the C-12 DH-7 UC-35 are all doing a lot of work, but I would bet strong money that the Army doesen't use all aircraft in that list.

Mehh, If i wanted too i could just go edit all of that sh*t out of wikipedia myself. I don't believe the Army flys all those planes, and I'm not trusting wikipedia. Not that it matters.

You were right. more than one airplane. But it is definitely ambiguous as too how many fixed wing airplanes they fly. Prove me wrong anyone? id appreciate

They've also got some Gulfstreams that they cart around higher level Generals and such in.

I have a good friend who retired as a CW4 flying the Gulfstreams out of DC. According to him, all those aircraft are OPCON to the AF VIP wing based at Andrews AFB. He said all the Services 'own' the Gulfstreams and have pilots assigned, but both aircraft and crewmembers are interchangable. He said they tried to keep assignments Service specific on some missions, but that was not always the case. For example, he said you may have an Army crew, flying an AF aircraft transporting the Secretary of the Navy.

Mehh, If i wanted too i could just go edit all of that sh*t out of wikipedia myself. I don't believe the Army flys all those planes, and I'm not trusting wikipedia. Not that it matters.

You were right. more than one airplane. But it is definitely ambiguous as too how many fixed wing airplanes they fly. Prove me wrong anyone? id appreciate

Did you go in and edit it? Because the ones that are listed there are pretty accurate to my knowledge.

I'm here to learn. =] Thanks for information.

I'd further suggest that if you're learning, and don't actually know what you're talking about, comments like "doubt they are using these pieces of sh*t", only go to show your ignorance.

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt" something something...

• Like 3

My two cents on FW. The Army doesn't really focus on the fixed wing air craft like they do with helicopters. It appears that they will buy, modify and slap together whatever plane can get the mission done.

If only that mission included an armed, light attacker... :(

With answers like that, you should be the chief-moderator of these forrums.

Clearly they have more than one fixed-wing aircraft. But I highly doubt they are using these pieces of sh*t. I am sure that the C-12 DH-7 UC-35 are all doing a lot of work, but I would bet strong money that the Army doesen't use all aircraft in that list.

Well, you would be wrong. There are also planes not on that list that the US Army utilizes.

• Like 1

I'd further suggest that if you're learning, and don't actually know what you're talking about, comments like "doubt they are using these pieces of sh*t", only go to show your ignorance.

"Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt" something something...

Right, because the word "doubt" here, means that I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Maybe I should try to find a military aviation forrum, and ask questions about this type of stuff before giving lectures on the subject. That was my bad..

Even though most are divested... CASA 212's

Cessna 182's

Grob G 120TP

T-6C's

Also an RFI out for 92 brand new FUA. Leaning Dash-8 and 350 at this point. (at least heavily worded for them)

As mentioned Lear 35's

In addition to still flying everything on that list.