• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:18

Yes the tattoo memo is required. There's a sister service example on the website. As for the checklist, I just went to my CSS and had them sign off. If you don't have a CSS then I'm sure if you explain it to MPF that they will hook you up.

#42 AvMan

AvMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 15:51

Yes the tattoo memo is required. There's a sister service example on the website. As for the checklist, I just went to my CSS and had them sign off. If you don't have a CSS then I'm sure if you explain it to MPF that they will hook you up.

Thank you for responding!

#43 BrightShadow

BrightShadow

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Company working for:USAF

Posted 01 December 2016 - 17:17

WO1 :). Met some REALLY great people at WOCS. Several VR users. Pumped for WOBC!
  • Creep0321 and Dmurray like this

#44 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Boards, Slow Subarus
  • Company working for:United States Army

Posted 01 December 2016 - 20:07

WO1 :). Met some REALLY great people at WOCS. Several VR users. Pumped for WOBC!

I was definitely fortunate to be in your class.
  • BrightShadow likes this

#45 BrightShadow

BrightShadow

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 23:50

Done with SERE and starting CC for Lakotas on the 16th. Anyone with Lakota study material they wouldn't mind parting with or some good advice please feel free to send them my way. Message for my contact info!

Is it normal to feel nervous and even inadequate prior to starting common core? I'm excited to start but I also feel pretty nervous.
  • mezz and Dmurray like this

#46 Chief Pono

Chief Pono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:19

How was SERE?

#47 J4C

J4C

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 14:36

Following this. I'm currently a TSgt working on my packet. The only thing I have left is my physical on Tuesday and my CCs LoR and a SWO LoR. I'm currently in a fight with AFPC to get released though.
  • BrightShadow likes this

#48 Chief Pono

Chief Pono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 20:42

Following this. I'm currently a TSgt working on my packet. The only thing I have left is my physical on Tuesday and my CCs LoR and a SWO LoR. I'm currently in a fight with AFPC to get released though.

What your AFSC?  I'm SF and had my request get denied at AFPC last year.  I'm waiting for a medical waiver; then I'll meet all requirements and I'll resubmit the request.  I'm also a TSgt, coming up on 12 yrs TIS. 

#49 BrightShadow

BrightShadow

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 23:50

Hope the fight with AFPC goes well :). Keep working hard man, it's worth it 👍🚁🇺🇸
  • Dmurray likes this

#50 J4C

J4C

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:42

What your AFSC?  I'm SF and had my request get denied at AFPC last year.  I'm waiting for a medical waiver; then I'll meet all requirements and I'll resubmit the request.  I'm also a TSgt, coming up on 12 yrs TIS. 

I'm a Crew Chief. The email said that crew chiefs' manning is healthy, however maintenance as a whole is low manned so they won't release me. I'm going through my local mpf now. And my CC said he'd fight the bean counters if need be

#51 rromero100

rromero100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 20:38

Hello all. Excuse me for not knowing but I just started the process from Air National Guard traditionalist to hopefully WO.

I currently took the SIFT and got a 58. Now my next step is to get a Army flight physical and am wondering if anybody knows where I can get that done close to Orlando, FL.

I was told Ft Rucker and Ft Benning but just wanted to ask. I also need to find WO aviators for LORs. Another mission!

#52 BrightShadow

BrightShadow

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 16:45

Hello all. Excuse me for not knowing but I just started the process from Air National Guard traditionalist to hopefully WO.

I currently took the SIFT and got a 58. Now my next step is to get a Army flight physical and am wondering if anybody knows where I can get that done close to Orlando, FL.

I was told Ft Rucker and Ft Benning but just wanted to ask. I also need to find WO aviators for LORs. Another mission!

Did you ever figure out your flight physical?

#53 BrightShadow

BrightShadow

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 16:46

Passed my BRWS check-ride today :D.  The journey continues!

• Dmurray likes this

#54 StartedinKorra

StartedinKorra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:55

Good Afternoon,

I have a quick question regarding interservice transfers and leave. I was selected on the March Board this year and am in the process of separating from the Air Force over in England. I'm separating on 11 JUN 17, and swearing into the Army on 12 JUN 17. I wanted to head over to my home of record, Los Angeles, a few days early (7 JUN 17, AFPC actually approved it), because I was told by my recruiter that this was important in order for him to arrange things with a recruiter in LA to whom to send my paperwork too in order to then head to MEPS. I was told by finance that I was supposed to take terminal leave to make that happen, and that my remaining 18 days would be sold back to the AF and I'd get money for them.

After reading the Official Notification of Transfer from HRC, it states that: "Terminal leave should not be authorized. The transfer must be aware that his/her leave is temporarily suspended until they are integrated at Fort Rucker for training" I've been in contact with MPS and Finance, but they seem to have no clue what's going on and I was wondering if any of you had any tips or any specifics on where to go from here. Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks!

#55 Creep0321

Creep0321

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 13:28

I took 30 days of terminal leave from the USMC prior to my EAS of 8 SEP, Enlisted in Army at MEPS 9 SEP, Reported to Rucker 10 SEP.

Swift, Silent, Deadly.

#56 AFmarksman

AFmarksman

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Company working for:B

Posted 30 May 2017 - 18:06

I was selected while in Germany and had 64 days of leave prior to my DOS. I took all 64 days as terminal leave back home in Colorado before I separated/transferred. Just be advised, if you don't take all of your remaining leave as terminal, the Air Force may buy it back from you whether you want them to or not. The interservice transfer process isn't exactly streamlined when it comes to pay and leave.
  • Creep0321 and Dmurray like this
"[Dothan] looks like a mix between Chernobyl and a Meth lab, crossed with the Cracker Barrel." -Jberto89

#57 BrightShadow

BrightShadow

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 20:26

I took almost two weeks of terminal leave.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

DevoreHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200Genesys VR Forum 200PrecisionVRForumHome200NFCVRForum200HomeHelmet FX Home 200Able_VRHOme200MaunaLoaVRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeMidwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016