USAF E to USA WO

Hello all. Excuse me for not knowing but I just started the process from Air National Guard traditionalist to hopefully WO.

I currently took the SIFT and got a 58. Now my next step is to get a Army flight physical and am wondering if anybody knows where I can get that done close to Orlando, FL.

I was told Ft Rucker and Ft Benning but just wanted to ask. I also need to find WO aviators for LORs. Another mission!

• 1 month later...

Hello all. Excuse me for not knowing but I just started the process from Air National Guard traditionalist to hopefully WO.

I currently took the SIFT and got a 58. Now my next step is to get a Army flight physical and am wondering if anybody knows where I can get that done close to Orlando, FL.

I was told Ft Rucker and Ft Benning but just wanted to ask. I also need to find WO aviators for LORs. Another mission!

Did you ever figure out your flight physical?

• 3 weeks later...

Good Afternoon,

I have a quick question regarding interservice transfers and leave. I was selected on the March Board this year and am in the process of separating from the Air Force over in England. I'm separating on 11 JUN 17, and swearing into the Army on 12 JUN 17. I wanted to head over to my home of record, Los Angeles, a few days early (7 JUN 17, AFPC actually approved it), because I was told by my recruiter that this was important in order for him to arrange things with a recruiter in LA to whom to send my paperwork too in order to then head to MEPS. I was told by finance that I was supposed to take terminal leave to make that happen, and that my remaining 18 days would be sold back to the AF and I'd get money for them.

After reading the Official Notification of Transfer from HRC, it states that: "Terminal leave should not be authorized. The transfer must be aware that his/her leave is temporarily suspended until they are integrated at Fort Rucker for training" I've been in contact with MPS and Finance, but they seem to have no clue what's going on and I was wondering if any of you had any tips or any specifics on where to go from here. Any help is truly appreciated. Thanks!

I was selected while in Germany and had 64 days of leave prior to my DOS. I took all 64 days as terminal leave back home in Colorado before I separated/transferred. Just be advised, if you don't take all of your remaining leave as terminal, the Air Force may buy it back from you whether you want them to or not. The interservice transfer process isn't exactly streamlined when it comes to pay and leave.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What your AFSC? I'm SF and had my request get denied at AFPC last year. I'm waiting for a medical waiver; then I'll meet all requirements and I'll resubmit the request. I'm also a TSgt, coming up on 12 yrs TIS.

Hey,

Im a SSgt(TSgt Select) and been in 6ish years. Been wanting to go WO for a long time. Currently a blackhawk crewchief. Did you try to fight your AFPC denial? I have been working on the package for 6 months and have everything... just got the email saying AFPC denied me for manning. My date of separation is 6 months after my conditional release request. I don't know what AFPC is smoking but if they think i will re-enlist after they deny a WO opportunity they are high as a kite. Anyone have any experience with a denial? Just looking for options here. Grasping at straws.

V/R

Leo

• 5 months later...

I'm a Crew Chief. The email said that crew chiefs' manning is healthy, however maintenance as a whole is low manned so they won't release me. I'm going through my local mpf now. And my CC said he'd fight the bean counters if need be

Did you ever get AFPC release Im currently a crew chief just submitted my dd368 through vmpf. Just wondering if you made any progress on getting released.

Did you ever get AFPC release Im currently a crew chief just submitted my dd368 through vmpf. Just wondering if you made any progress on getting released.

I'm working on my DD368 as well. AFPC has denied me once already so I am trying again with different dates. How far out did you put your projected DOS? What supporting docs did you upload? Just wanna make sure I am following the most successful way of doing this.

Thanks,

Zach

• Like 1

So I submitted mine 2 weeks ago and Im waiting approval. Theres no AFI that states how long it is good for so my recruiter told me it was good for 6 months. He also told me we would prolly have to get another one signed down the road that will be good through my DOS if I do get selected.

I am going to submit my DD 368 tomorrow. Hopefully the AF isn't denying everyone's paperwork that wants to get out. I talked to a recruiter today and he said the AF is denying a lot of conditional releases right now. Not sure why, maybe the manning in AFSCs? I don't know. How long does it usually take to get an answer back from AFPC anyway?

• Like 1

Hey fellas, I've searched up and down the forum chats and it seems like this is the right one to post on for my situation.

I'm a Navy reservist Search/Rescue Swimmer as well as a Machinist Mate (21 years old, 4 years of service/2 years remaining, E5) and am currently deployed overseas with a little less than 3 months left. The Army WOFT program is the career choice that I'm deciding to make now though and I'm pretty stoked. I was planning on submitting a WOFT package for AD as well as the Guard... hoping one will get picked up if the other is not. I'm fine with going either way.

* [1] Is submitting both AD and NG at the same time a wise decision? Like I said, I'm contempt with doing either one.
* [2] Is the process to apply NG and AD very different? It doesn't seem too different from what I have read.
* [3] As a current reservist, am I ranked against active duty applicants to get selected for the board? If so, is it taken into consideration that I may not have as much experience as they might with military schools and such. I do have some impressive accomplishments though in the Navy as well as having about 45 college credits.
* [4] I'm getting PRK eye surgery done as soon as I get home (through a civilian surgeon). Do I have to wait the full 6 months post op. before I can even submit my packet? And is 6 months even the time frame? I think I barely pass the vision requirements for uncorrected in my left eye (20/70 unless it has changed, thus why I'm getting the surgery).

Thank you in advance for any help I may receive on my questions!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey so my contract is up next February, but I just got orders to Korea with a rnltd of Oct, which I will probably extend for. My plans I was going for originally was to get out and apply for WOFT, so I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of getting released from the Air Force because I am crew chief. But this thread makes it seem possible, and with a time of a year or so to get approved for a transfer to Army warrant. Do you guys believe its worth it to start the process as active, or wait until I get out? Especially since I will be doing it overseas and I don't want to extend my contract or reenlistment more than I have to without being sure I will get approved.

Hey so my contract is up next February, but I just got orders to Korea with a rnltd of Oct, which I will probably extend for. My plans I was going for originally was to get out and apply for WOFT, so I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of getting released from the Air Force because I am crew chief. But this thread makes it seem possible, and with a time of a year or so to get approved for a transfer to Army warrant. Do you guys believe its worth it to start the process as active, or wait until I get out? Especially since I will be doing it overseas and I don't want to extend my contract or reenlistment more than I have to without being sure I will get approved.

You have to have a years retainability at the time of selection I believe. So this would be a bad idea if you really want this. Plus theyre taking like 110% of the civilians/prior service guys who apply so your odds are in your favor on the outside.

You have to have a years retainability at the time of selection I believe. So this would be a bad idea if you really want this. Plus theyre taking like 110% of the civilians/prior service guys who apply so your odds are in your favor on the outside.

Does the year retainability apply to Air Guard Enlisted? Last I heard all you needed was a 368 signed to get the process started.