#61 leothealion

leothealion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Helos, and Motors :D.
  • Company working for:USAF

Posted 08 September 2017 - 18:26

What your AFSC?  I'm SF and had my request get denied at AFPC last year.  I'm waiting for a medical waiver; then I'll meet all requirements and I'll resubmit the request.  I'm also a TSgt, coming up on 12 yrs TIS. 

Hey, 

Im a SSgt(TSgt Select) and been in 6ish years. Been wanting to go WO for a long time. Currently a blackhawk crewchief. Did you try to fight your AFPC denial? I have been working on the package for 6 months and have everything... just got the email saying AFPC denied me for manning. My date of separation is 6 months after my conditional release request. I don't know what AFPC is smoking but if they think i will re-enlist after they deny a WO opportunity  they are high as a kite. Anyone have any experience with a denial? Just looking for options here. Grasping at straws. 

V/R 

Leo 

#62 BrightShadow

BrightShadow

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 19:59

@leothealion Have you tried contacting your career manager through your CoC and sharing with them what you want to do and why? Putting your name and passion to the packet may help. I'd try again man, bug people

#63 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 15:35

I'm a Crew Chief. The email said that crew chiefs' manning is healthy, however maintenance as a whole is low manned so they won't release me. I'm going through my local mpf now. And my CC said he'd fight the bean counters if need be

Did you ever get AFPC release Im currently a crew chief just submitted my dd368 through vmpf. Just wondering if you made any progress on getting released.

#64 Mos303

Mos303

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 21:18

Did you ever get AFPC release Im currently a crew chief just submitted my dd368 through vmpf. Just wondering if you made any progress on getting released.

I'm working on my DD368 as well. AFPC has denied me once already so I am trying again with different dates. How far out did you put your projected DOS? What supporting docs did you upload? Just wanna make sure I am following the most successful way of doing this. 

Thanks,

Zach

• Mcwilli likes this

#65 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 17:56

So I submitted mine 2 weeks ago and Im waiting approval. Theres no AFI that states how long it is good for so my recruiter told me it was good for 6 months. He also told me we would prolly have to get another one signed down the road that will be good through my DOS if I do get selected.

#66 cwattido

cwattido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 19:24

I am going to submit my DD 368 tomorrow.  Hopefully the AF isn't denying everyone's paperwork that wants to get out.  I talked to a recruiter today and he said the AF is denying a lot of conditional releases right now.  Not sure why, maybe the manning in AFSCs?  I don't know.  How long does it usually take to get an answer back from AFPC anyway?

• Mcwilli likes this

#67 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 15:07

Mine got approved today. It took 12 days.
  • cwattido likes this

#68 Jared_A

Jared_A

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:17

Hey fellas, I've searched up and down the forum chats and it seems like this is the right one to post on for my situation.

I'm a Navy reservist Search/Rescue Swimmer as well as a Machinist Mate (21 years old, 4 years of service/2 years remaining, E5) and am currently deployed overseas with a little less than 3 months left. The Army WOFT program is the career choice that I'm deciding to make now though and I'm pretty stoked. I was planning on submitting a WOFT package for AD as well as the Guard... hoping one will get picked up if the other is not. I'm fine with going either way.

* [1] Is submitting both AD and NG at the same time a wise decision? Like I said, I'm contempt with doing either one.
* [2] Is the process to apply NG and AD very different? It doesn't seem too different from what I have read.
* [3] As a current reservist, am I ranked against active duty applicants to get selected for the board? If so, is it taken into consideration that I may not have as much experience as they might with military schools and such. I do have some impressive accomplishments though in the Navy as well as having about 45 college credits.
* [4] I'm getting PRK eye surgery done as soon as I get home (through a civilian surgeon). Do I have to wait the full 6 months post op. before I can even submit my packet? And is 6 months even the time frame?  I think I barely pass the vision requirements for uncorrected in my left eye (20/70 unless it has changed, thus why I'm getting the surgery).

Thank you in advance for any help I may receive on my questions!

#69 cwattido

cwattido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 21:43

I got my conditional release letter back in 12 days also.

#70 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 15:02

Anyone know the selection rates for Air Force or any active duty personnel?

#71 BrightShadow

BrightShadow

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 21:37

I don’t think they have any sister service selection minimums. Believe it’s all about your packet, compared to your peers and how many slots they have.
  • Dmurray likes this

#72 Besogone

Besogone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 13:41

Hey so my contract is up next February, but I just got orders to Korea with a rnltd of Oct, which I will probably extend for. My plans I was going for originally was to get out and apply for WOFT, so I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of getting released from the Air Force because I am crew chief. But this thread makes it seem possible, and with a time of a year or so to get approved for a transfer to Army warrant. Do you guys believe its worth it to start the process as active, or wait until I get out? Especially since I will be doing it overseas and I don't want to extend my contract or reenlistment more than I have to without being sure I will get approved.

#73 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 15:39

Hey so my contract is up next February, but I just got orders to Korea with a rnltd of Oct, which I will probably extend for. My plans I was going for originally was to get out and apply for WOFT, so I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle of getting released from the Air Force because I am crew chief. But this thread makes it seem possible, and with a time of a year or so to get approved for a transfer to Army warrant. Do you guys believe its worth it to start the process as active, or wait until I get out? Especially since I will be doing it overseas and I don't want to extend my contract or reenlistment more than I have to without being sure I will get approved.

You have to have a years retainability at the time of selection I believe. So this would be a bad idea if you really want this. Plus theyre taking like 110% of the civilians/prior service guys who apply so your odds are in your favor on the outside.

#74 John Denver

John Denver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 18:01

You have to have a years retainability at the time of selection I believe. So this would be a bad idea if you really want this. Plus theyre taking like 110% of the civilians/prior service guys who apply so your odds are in your favor on the outside.

Does the year retainability apply to Air Guard Enlisted? Last I heard all you needed was a 368 signed to get the process started.

Hidden figures f*cked my life. I'm not even sure I got a single one right lmao. It was like the most impossible shape to recognize, and it didn't change the whole time I was taking the test, like on the practice test they have easy ones like a house. Mine was a house that was engulfed in flames with a giant dragon running out of the garage. sh*t was insane. The figure it was hidden in looked like a thousand lines to me. I felt stupid.- luofynerd

#75 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

Student Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 20:37

That I do not know my friend.

#76 BrightShadow

BrightShadow

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 18:21

Well, to end the story of the journey from USAF E to USA WO. We leave Rucker on 29May as a 64 family heading to Ft. Wainwright AK. Arctic Attack!

A long way, a change in careers that is almost night and day, and lots of work. A good change. Go Army.

If you have questions I’d be happy to help if I can, just PM me.
  • Dmurray likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Spectrum_VRHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeGenesys VR Forum 200MaunaLoaVRHome200NFCVRForum200HomePrecisionVRForumHome200