Maritime Helicopters (Alaska)

Im nowhere near being able to apply for a job with the above outfit however, im curious what good or bad things you fellas have to say about the company?

Benefits if any?

Starting Pay?

Challenging jobs and environment?

Company as a whole?

Well maintained fleet?

Etc etc.

Never heard anybody bring up Maritime Helicopters or say theyve ever worked for the company.

Thanks

Edited by RagMan
  • Like 2

Both Maritime and Pathfinder seem to have had good reputations, and both are owned by solid people (who are brothers and had a falling out, FWIW). They both have grown a bit in the last few years taking on work previously done by Bristow/AirLog and Era, which will affect the dynamics of the companies in the time it takes for you to become a pilot that they'd look at hiring. I know folks that work for both outfits, and they're all pretty happy.

Keep working on getting what they ask for, and you'll probably get to know someone personally who can answer your questions when it matters.

Thanks for the info.

I like to remind myself that patience is a virtue. I've got a couple friends that fly up with Pathfinder right now and seem to be enjoying it. I'm a few years away from going down that road, but getting out to Alaska at some point would make for some damn great experience.

Tell me about it. I dig the work they do, but at the rate I'm flying it'll be years before I meet their hour requirements, and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get the skills I'd need, either. I'd take a seasonal job with a small operator up here to get some skills and the hours, but I haven't met a woman that can afford my lifestyle yet :P

I worked for Maritime Helicopters a few years ago and had a great experience. They are a solid well run company. Since I worked there they picked up the Alyeska Pipeline contract and expanded from 9 to 15+ machines. To work the pipeline contract you need ATPL. I spent a winter flying offshore platform support based from Kenai/Nikiski. Lots of longlining out to the rigs, and lots of really crappy weather. Summer conditions are way better but the long days mean you will fly right to the end of your 14 hour duty day. Maritime's maintenance is good, pay was mediocre for a contract pilot but full time salary is likely better now. Overall had a great experience with them. Would have stayed longer but met a girl back home in BC and decided to leave AK.