Which logbook do you use and why?

I graduated flight school a few months ago from the 64 course and finally going to log my flight time, I received a print out of my hours during every phase before leaving. I have logged my time into an electronic logbook but want a paper one as well.

So what civilian logbook do you use, and is there a specific reason you picked that one? Also would it be ok to log all my 64 time as one entry to get caught up, as an entry like forwarding from a past logbook since I have the printout from Rucker to prove it?

Lindsey made me get the Jeppeson Professional Logbook.

http://pilotgearonline.com/professional-pilot-logbook (Not an endorsement for any particular website/vendor)

And it's friggin awesome, is it not?

I believe I saw this one at "The Hanger" right outside the Rucker Blvd gate as well. Green pages??

Agree on the Jeppesen Professional Pilot Log, I went to it a couple of years ago and love it. It has more columns that can be customized for different models or category (I do have an occasional lapse of sanity and fly fixed wing when I'm not on hitch). :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Agree on the Jeppesen Professional Pilot Log, I went to it a couple of years ago and love it. It has more columns that can be customized for different models or category (I do have an occasional lapse of sanity and fly fixed wing when I'm not on hitch). :rolleyes:

Yeah, exactly. That's why I love it. Most logbooks are geared towards FW Flyers and have all sorts of FW-specific columns but this one balances it out well with blank columns that can be customized.

Be sure you're also using an electronic logbook. This way you have a back up in case you ever lose your paper logbook. Also the last piece of advice I would give you would be when filling out your totals at the bottom of the page, always do it in pencil. You'd be surprised how many small math errors you can make when filling out a logbook.

I was thinking about the Jeppesen Professional Logbook, but this one looks really nice other than the price. I love that it has a place for NVG/NVS. Although I would like to have them separate so they are not all combined. Does the Jeppesen Professional have enough empty columns that I would be able to make one for NVG and one for NVS?

Be sure you're also using an electronic logbook. This way you have a back up in case you ever lose your paper logbook. Also the last piece of advice I would give you would be when filling out your totals at the bottom of the page, always do it in pencil. You'd be surprised how many small math errors you can make when filling out a logbook.

Thanks yeah I'm logging my flights with MyFlightbook.com, which has an app.

I was thinking about the Jeppesen Professional Logbook, but this one looks really nice other than the price. I love that it has a place for NVG/NVS. Although I would like to have them separate so they are not all combined. Does the Jeppesen Professional have enough empty columns that I would be able to make one for NVG and one for NVS?

Thanks yeah I'm logging my flights with MyFlightbook.com, which has an app.

Eh, 20 extra bucks for something that's so valuable and used all the time doesn't seem like too much to spend to me. Especially considering the amount of money usually blown on trying out kneeboards and flashlights and whatnot. I like this logbook because it cuts out all the airplane stuff, it's good looking, and so far has held up nicely. That said, not everyone cares about having a nice paper logbook and like stated above lots of guys just use a notepad and then transfer it to an electronic book.

• Like 1

Eh, 20 extra bucks for something that's so valuable and used all the time doesn't seem like too much to spend to me. Especially considering the amount of money usually blown on trying out kneeboards and flashlights and whatnot. I like this logbook because it cuts out all the airplane stuff, it's good looking, and so far has held up nicely. That said, not everyone cares about having a nice paper logbook and like stated above lots of guys just use a notepad and then transfer it to an electronic book.

I literally have 2 or 3 really nice logbook floating around but I always go back to my trusty green (been through the wash and back) army issue notepad. Why? Because when I get done with the flight I scribble it down there and I'm done.

I also have the flyboys army logbook, sits in my office as a decoration more than a functional logbook.

• Like 2

Greetings, I began my career using the Jeppesen Professional logbook. Simply because that was the most common book at my unit. It had enough open spaces to be flexible. When I ran out of pages, I switched to a digital format.

I now use Logbook Pro . My reasons, it does all the work for me and flexibility. I log the flight into my phone after a flight and about once a week I sync it to my PC. All of the math and currency issues are done. You can make whatever custom columns you want. They can count time or events. The math engine will do more than any physical book ever could. I choose Logbook Pro over Logten Pro because the latter was only for Apple products at the time of purchase.

I literally have 2 or 3 really nice logbook floating around but I always go back to my trusty green (been through the wash and back) army issue notepad. Why? Because when I get done with the flight I scribble it down there and I'm done.

I also have the flyboys army logbook, sits in my office as a decoration more than a functional logbook.

My "field logbook" is one of those little brown write in the rains.

I just got my Jeppesen Professional Pilot Logbook in the mail! It's much bigger than I expected but I already love it. I have my print out from Rucker with all my flight hours. Should I log them individually in the logbook for dual-received, or can I log it as just one entry? Also should I log my TH-67 time in the logbook along with my AH-64 time or no?