Nov 2015 Board

Congrats to everyone that were selected on the Sept 2015 board. 100% selection rating is pretty remarkable. Let's hope usarec keeps those numbers rolling for the coming months. Let's kick off the November 2015 selection board stats...

GT: 124
SIFT: 62
APFT: 260
Civilian Education: 37 credits towards Assoc. Aviation Science 3.6 GPA
Military Education: ​WLC, Air Assault, Combat Life Saver
Flight Physical: Stamped
Flight Experience: around 10 hours Fixed Wing, 80 hours Rotary & PPL
LOR's: CW3, O4 Batt Commander, O3 Former CO, State Department RSO
Military Experience: 9 years TIS between AD & NG, 4 deployments, E-6 19-D
Civilian Experience: Protective Security contractor for the US Department of State, 3 years in Iraq
Waiver: None

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Congrats to everyone that were selected on the Sept 2015 board. 100% selection rating is pretty remarkable. Let's hope usarec keeps those numbers rolling for the coming months. Let's kick off the November 2015 selection board stats...

GT: 124

SIFT: 62

APFT: 260

Civilian Education: 37 credits towards Assoc. Aviation Science 3.6 GPA

Military Education: ​WLC, Air Assault, Combat Life Saver

Flight Physical: Stamped

Flight Experience: around 10 hours Fixed Wing, 80 hours Rotary & PPL

LOR's: CW3, O4 Batt Commander, O3 Former CO, State Department RSO

Military Experience: 9 years TIS between AD & NG, 4 deployments, E-6 19-D

Civilian Experience: Protective Security contractor for the US Department of State, 3 years in Iraq

Good luck everyone!

Same SIFT score lol hopefully I can get that flight physical done and make this board! On the civilian side of course :rolleyes:

I am actually in the process of trying to apply. Anyone happen to know how to go about switching from the Reserves to active as a flight Warrant? Everyone I talk to, recruiters and all seem confused, so everything I have completed so far has been a result of me using back doors.

GT:110

SIFT: 54

APFT: 265

Civilian Education: 3.3 GPA, Bachelors Degree: Criminology w/minor Sociology, Associates of Arts

Military Education: Airborne, ALC, WLC, Gryphon Group, USASOC Security Managers Course, UPL course etc...

Flight Physical: Still trying to get it set up, hopefully soon

Flight Experience: None

LOR: Working on these now

Military Experience: 9 years TIS, 5 Active, E-6, 35F with TS/SCI, 1 deployment to Pakistan with special operations command

Civilian Experience: Corrections Officer, Production Manager, Other Manager jobs

I know I wont make the November board, but figured getting onto the forum could at least get me some good advice.

Originally started the Army process in July of last year. Decided I really wanted to pursue this and had lasik in December of last year. Had to wait 6 months so the Army could make sure my eyes were ok. Tried to get into July board, cancelled (wouldn't have had everything together in time anyway), tried to get into September board, missed it due to lack of flight physical (long story), going to try again here in November, just hoping for no more delays! Excited for all the applicants selected in September (slightly jealous I didn't make that bosrd) and ready for my opportunity.

GT: 125

SIFT: 71

APFT: 270

Education: Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautics

Flight Physical: October 1st

Flight Experience: Around 250 hours, Private Pilot's License with Instrument Rating

LOR's: School's flight "team leader", Security Supervisor, Home Depot manager

Originally started the Army process in July of last year. Decided I really wanted to pursue this and had lasik in December of last year. Had to wait 6 months so the Army could make sure my eyes were ok. Tried to get into July board, cancelled (wouldn't have had everything together in time anyway), tried to get into September board, missed it due to lack of flight physical (long story), going to try again here in November, just hoping for no more delays! Excited for all the applicants selected in September (slightly jealous I didn't make that bosrd) and ready for my opportunity.

GT: 125

SIFT: 71

APFT: 270

Education: Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautics

Flight Physical: October 1st

Flight Experience: Around 250 hours, Private Pilot's License with Instrument Rating

LOR's: School's flight "team leader", Security Supervisor, Home Depot manager

Mind if I ask what your vision was before lasik? I went to MEPS and had 20/25 vision in one eye, I don't have glasses or anything but I can't seem to get a definitive answer on if that is going to be a problem. Thanks either way!

• Like 1

I had 20/20 near 20/30 far and I failed my flight physical for my corrections being to high due to astigmatism. Prk it is. Had my packet 99% done was waiting on the physical. What a awful phone call that was. Lol I was going for the November board now with the 90 day wait period it's gonna be next May if I'm lucky

I had 20/20 near 20/30 far and I failed my flight physical for my corrections being to high due to astigmatism. Prk it is. Had my packet 99% done was waiting on the physical. What a awful phone call that was. Lol I was going for the November board now with the 90 day wait period it's gonna be next May if I'm lucky

This is what I'm worried about! I just looked at the MEPS form again and it says 20/25 for far sight (left eye). It does say correctable to 20/20 but not sure if I can just wear contacts/glasses instead of getting PRK.

Edit: Not sure if this is a factor in the decision but it also says "autorefraction By -.25 S. -0.75 CX 171"

• Like 2

But for you yours should be fine the first number is the "amount of correction" it takes to be true 20/20 no more is allowed beyond -1.50 on either eye. -.25 is within tolerance mine was -1.75 x 179 the 179 is the degree or position of your astigmatism I believe from what my research has told me

Appreciate the info man! I know all of this will be explained to me when I take that flight physical, but the waiting game just sucks. I hope you're correct and good luck with your packet!

No prob man hope you get your packet squared away and your physical goes well

I honestly don't know the the "numbers" for how bad my eyes were before lasik but I'll tell if you were standing 5 feet away from me you'd just have been a blob of colors. I couldn't read a piece of paper unless it was 6 inches from my eyes.

That said, now my vision is much better than 20/20 and I'm super happy. I got lasik surgery so that I could pursue my dream of becoming an Army aviator but it really was an amazing investment either way.

• Like 2

If it's necessary, I'll absolutely get lasik to pursue WOFT. But I would just rather avoid it and the delays it will bring to my packet. Thanks for the info!

Don't rush bro. I've been working on my packet for four months and I didn't even plan on dropping it until January. I picked a date that I wanted that way if I hit any snags along the way it wouldn't throw me off much. Now looks like I'll just go one board to the right.

Got my date for PRK October 21st bahhh. Now I won't be eligible to restart my physical until January 21stish. Which means I'll miss the deadline for March as well. Oh wells my packets getting to a board sooner or later, bet!

• Like 1

I'm active duty Navy and been lurking these forums for six months as I worked on my package. I finally submitted my package two weeks ago.

GT: 121
SIFT: 53
APFT: 269 (will update)
Civilian Education: 42 credits towards Bachelors in Aeronautical Science
Flight Physical: Stamped, no waiver
Flight Experience: 15 hours Rotary Wing
LOR's: CW4, O-5 CO, O-5 XO, O-4 Supervisor, Civilian Contractor
Military Experience: E-5 active duty Navy: 5 years TIS. One deployment.

Thanks for all the great info everyone and good luck on this upcoming board.

Hey guys whats the most important thing I should be working on? passing the GT? the sift?

Lor? physical training? or swimming? (I cant tread water ahhhhhhhh)

All at the same time (seriously). Go work out, take a shower, and study for the asvab GT. Once you take and pass that then study for the SIFT. This whole process is a series of 25m targets, that is to say, focus on the next step. Don't neglect your asvab by studying for the sift, do that then the other. With PT, you can only do that so much without injuring yourself. Schedule run days 3x a week or so and swim or do other cross training 3 more times a week, mixed in. It'll keep you from getting injured while also increasing your level of fitness.

Send out feelers for the LORs and while you're waiting for responses do all of the aforementioned stuff above.

• Like 2

All at the same time (seriously). Go work out, take a shower, and study for the asvab GT. Once you take and pass that then study for the SIFT. This whole process is a series of 25m targets, that is to say, focus on the next step. Don't neglect your asvab by studying for the sift, do that then the other. With PT, you can only do that so much without injuring yourself. Schedule run days 3x a week or so and swim or do other cross training 3 more times a week, mixed in. It'll keep you from getting injured while also increasing your level of fitness.

Send out feelers for the LORs and while you're waiting for responses do all of the aforementioned stuff above.

Thanks Lindsey!!

I keep getting the run around from my congressman about the LOR. Its been 7 weeks and still not even a meeting with him yet!!!!