Helicopter AcademyVOLO_VRHome200UpperLimit2011Home_468x60TigerTugs
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Commissioned Army Officer to Aviation Warrant Officer

commission warrant officer woft revert resign commissioned ROTC flight school CW2

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#181 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, backpacking, cigars, bourbon

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:16

Since USAREC has changed the parameters for non-Aviation Commissioned Officers reverting to 153A Flight Warrant, I figure I bring this back up to the top for those fortunate enough to get picked up or waiting for the next board to continue providing guidance and advice since that's what we do as Officers (WO or CO).  Here is the exact quote/reference:

• 7 DEC 16 ****Attention all (Non-Aviator) Commissioned ARMY Officer Applicants for 153A (Rotorwing Aviator)***** 

Effective immediately, the board procedures for (non-aviation branch) Army commission officers applying for 153A (Rotorwing Aviator) have changed. All Army commissioned officers (non-aviator) that desire to be boarded for 153A will be boarded in March 2017. Subsequent boards will be held once per FY in January.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/

As always, a few of us still lurk and are still around to assist in anyway possible.

#182 Drew

Drew

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Aviation
  • Company working for:Warrant Officer for US Army

Posted 01 July 2017 - 20:19

Definitely. I've been emailing a gentleman in the process now. So keep the questions coming!

#183 StockTrader

StockTrader

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, Baseball, Helicopters
  • Company working for:CW2, US Army, 64 Driver

Posted 01 July 2017 - 21:02

Definitely. I've been emailing a gentleman in the process now. So keep the questions coming!

What could I work on to be as cool as you one day? More PT?? Or is it all about the hairflow(should I grow it out more)?

#184 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Bikes, Boards, Slow Subarus
  • Company working for:United States Army

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:35

What could I work on to be as cool as you one day? More PT?? Or is it all about the hairflow(should I grow it out more)?

I'm pretty sure the hairflow is actually the most important thing.

#185 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 18:28

I'm pretty sure the hairflow is actually the most important thing.

The real question is - are you using the proper hair product to maintain said hair in order to prevent the onset of "helmet hair"?

#186 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 20:17

The real question is - are you using the proper hair product to maintain said hair in order to prevent the onset of "helmet hair"?

No, I am one of the many affected by "helmet hair" daily. I've lost hope.
  • dovq2011 likes this

#187 Drew

Drew

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:38

It is less PT and pretty much all hairflow. I do not suffer from helmet hair. It's always perfect. Once mastered, you will be as cool as I am.
  • Dmurray likes this

#188 Dmurray

Dmurray

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 14:32

Teach me your ways

#189 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 16:56

It is less PT and pretty much all hairflow. I do not suffer from helmet hair. It's always perfect. Once mastered, you will be as cool as I am.

Low speed, high drag.

• Drew likes this

#190 Drew

Drew

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:07

Teach me your ways

Take less showers. The grease will hold it right where you want it.
  • Dmurray likes this

#191 Coltsfan14

Coltsfan14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:18

Definitely seems to be some good content on this thread!

I am curious as to whether or not there is separate regulation (other than AR 611-110) with more details on AV COs reverting?

Or if anyone knows that it's solely working with HRC to get released.

Still working on a packet I just didn't want to be working on the wrong thing if the process is completely different since going back to Rucker for WOBC and flight school wouldn't have to happen (hopefully haha...).

any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

#192 Drew

Drew

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 18:36

I can't speak from experience, but there were several AV COs on my board. I reached out to them at the time with questions regarding the REFRAD process. If I am remembering correctly, they were doing the same thing. The only difference was, they received an RFO to a new duty station, instead of to Rucker. The process should be the same. The only thing I could see being a little different is the conditional release since you aren't actually leaving the aviation branch. I would still assume you need one though, since the army tracks its warrants and COs differently. Again, this is not from experience as I came from the medical side.

#193 Geniee

Geniee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 00:22

Hey all 👋. Long-time lurker here; felt far enough into the application process to sign up.

I'm an FA O-3 planning on applying for the JAN FY18 board. My packet is nearly complete, waiting on the flight physical from Rucker (previous one is about to expire), a LOR, and branch conditional release memo.

Hit a snag today that someone pointed out, if anyone's had this experience. Verbatim, a prerequisite from the selection and training AR:

b. Have less than 48 months of active Federal commissioned service at the start of flight training.........

Any former post-ccc officers with more than 4 years as a CO? Wondering if anyone had to do a ETP waiver for this? Other than the AR there's nothing that specifies this on USAREC site.

Appreciate the feedback in advance, if any!

#194 dovq2011

dovq2011

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 20:59

Hey all . Long-time lurker here; felt far enough into the application process to sign up.

I'm an FA O-3 planning on applying for the JAN FY18 board. My packet is nearly complete, waiting on the flight physical from Rucker (previous one is about to expire), a LOR, and branch conditional release memo.

Hit a snag today that someone pointed out, if anyone's had this experience. Verbatim, a prerequisite from the selection and training AR:

b. Have less than 48 months of active Federal commissioned service at the start of flight training.........

Any former post-ccc officers with more than 4 years as a CO? Wondering if anyone had to do a ETP waiver for this? Other than the AR there's nothing that specifies this on USAREC site.

Appreciate the feedback in advance, if any!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is in specific reference to those who try to branch transfer.  I had roughly 54 months of AFCS before I reverted and a buddy of mine in my Primary class who was also a revert had more time than me.  I've also run into post command guys who reverted - so short answer, no, you shouldn't need an ETP waiver.  Hope this helps.

• Creep0321 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: commission, warrant, officer, woft, revert, resign, commissioned, ROTC, flight school, CW2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

NFCVRForum200HomeGenesys VR Forum 200Helmet FX Home 200Midwest Helicopter Academy 200 - 2016HeliHelmets-VR HomeDevoreHome200ColoradoHeliOpsHome200MaunaLoaVRHome200Able_VRHOme200PrecisionVRForumHome200